Best Beatles Song Survivor - 'Let It Be' Draw - Final

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Vote For Your FAVORITE Song

• Across The Universe

Votes: 11 47.8%
  • Let It Be

Votes: 12 52.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
elevated_u2_fan said:
I know, first Tomorrow Never Knows now this... The shit is going to hit the fan...

The shit was so chunky it broke the fan.

Quick question, has anyone heard the Past Masters version of Across the Universe? It was the one I put on my Desert Island list, it could be one of the greatest songs ever made by anyone.

All of that hyperbole is necessary.

Let It Be is a good song, probably in my Top 20 so it's not that big of a loss. It's not as egregious as fucking ELEANOR RIGBY over TOMORROW NEVER KNOWS.

Yes, I will chill in a second, hold on.

*puts on some Smashing Pumpkins to blow out eardrums and forget this ever happened*

LemonMacPhisto said:

Quick question, has anyone heard the Past Masters version of Across the Universe? It was the one I put on my Desert Island list, it could be one of the greatest songs ever made by anyone.

I'm listening to it right now -- I'm not sure I like it better than the original. The intro and outro (birds chirping, wings flapping) are cool, but there are some screechy backing vocals that I think hurt the song a little.

SeattleVertigo said:

I'm listening to it right now -- I'm not sure I like it better than the original. The intro and outro (birds chirping, wings flapping) are cool, but there are some screechy backing vocals that I think hurt the song a little.

Hmm, the backing vocals are my favorite new touch. That and the fact it's stripped down to it's essense, you know? I find the original Let It Be release to be too overproduced (well the entire album, really.)

Past Masters + Let It Be... Naked ftw.

SeattleVertigo said:

YES. I've heard that version several times through the years and find those backing vocals just about the most annoying thing on any Beatles track ever.

I don't care for Fiona Apple's version. She sounds like she's either completely stoned out of her gourd, or bored out of her mind.

David Bowie's version is pretty good. Then again, the man shits excellence.

Just keep in mind that when all of the LPs are finished, you will have a chance to vote on ONE 'Final Round' to redo.

elevated_u2_fan said:
And then... What, we pit the winners of each round in a final elimination to determine the greatest Beatles song of all?

except Tomorrow Never Knows or Across the Universe.

For one of them is not worthy.

Zootlesque said:
Let it be, let it be, let it be, let it be
whisper words of wisdom.... zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz :yawn:

I can't quite seem to see the winner of the poll. Would you be able to scroll up and check it for me?

Checkmate :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom