Best Beatles Song Survivor - Intro & Rules

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

namkcuR

ONE love, blood, life
Ok, folks, after starting the thread to gauge interest a week and a half ago, I've recieved enough 'yes's to warrant going ahead with this.

We'll be using the Beatles' UK discography for this competition. Most of you are probably familiar with what that entails, but for those that aren't:

Please Please Me
With The Beatles
A Hard Day's Night
Beatles For Sale
Help!
Rubber Soul
Revolver
Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band
Magical Mystery Tour
The Beatles AKA The White Album
Abbey Road
Let It Be

We will run a survivor for each of these LPs, with the winner of each advancing the Finals. In addition, we will also run survivors for each of the two Past Masters compilations, and the winners of those will also advance to the Finals.

Any song on either of the Past Masters compilations that also appears on one of the above LPs, will be omitted from the initial round of its respective Past Masters survivor. This essentially means that 'Love Me Do' won't be included in the Past Masters 1 survivor because it appears on Please Please Me, and that 'Let It Be', 'Get Back', and 'Across The Universe' won't be included in the Past Masters 2 survivor because they all appear on Let It Be. This is to cut unneccessary length from the competition and also to avoid the slim chance of having a song compete against itself in the Finals.

Each round will last 24 hours. I will start Please Please Me's first round tomorrow - July 13 - at 3PM EDT. After this, I will start start a new round each day at 3PM EDT until further notice. 3PM EDT is 8PM GMT in the UK on the SAME day, and 5AM the NEXT day down under.

Any questions or comments go here.

Lila64 said:
so it will be one song from each of the above releases?

One song from each LP will advance to the Finals. We will do a full survivor for each of the LPs to determine which song from each LP advances to the Finals.

Should we take bets on how long it takes before someone takes this thing waaaaay too seriously? :wink:

Help for me. :wink:

Heck, if someone drinks one too many, we might not be able to even get through I Saw Her Standing there without some trouble.

Then again, this isn't a Lynyrd Skynyrd survivor. :tongue:

Maybe we just need two rules:

1. Don't drink and post

2. If you find yourself getting worked up and typing in a furious rage, remind yourself that OMG IT'S JUST A FREAKING POLL ON THE INTERNET!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom