'Best Beatles Song' Survivor?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

namkcuR

ONE love, blood, life
I was just thinking about this...would anyone be interested in a 'Best Beatles Song' survivor? I don't know if I'm going to do it yet, but I think I might be willing to run it IF there is enough interest. The premise would be simple enough....we run a survivor for each album of the Beatles UK Discography(Please Please Me, With The Beatles, A Hard Day's Night, Beatles For Sale, Help!, Rubber Soul, Revolver, Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band, Magical Mystery Tour, The Beatles AKA The White Album, Abbey Road, and Let It Be) and each of the two Past Masters compilations, 24 hours to a round, and the winners of each(14 in all) would compete against each other in the final rounds until we have a winner.

It would be simple enough to run, but it would take a LONG time to finish. By my calcualtions, it would end in the middle of January. That is the biggest reason why I am hesitant to start it...shit happens in life and I don't know if I'll remember to constantly start new rounds and stuff.

Whatever, the first step is just to gauge interest.

Who would be interested in something like this?

It's a good idea, but I wouldn't list every Beatles song. Instead, I'd have everyone interested make their list of their top 20 or 30 Beatles songs. Then, you can tally up the top 20/30 songs that interferencers listed and start the survivor game with those favorites.

Otherwise, this will go on waaaaayy too long IMO.

I vote no, as it would save us the absolute embarassment of picking a McCartney song as the winner over Lennon masterpieces like Strawberry Fields Forever, I Want You (She's So Heavy), A Day in the Life, or I Am the Walrus.

Hows about a arists and bands tournment instead ?

Like each day we vote which band or artist is the best and the winner progresses into the next round :ohmy:

vaz02 said:
Hows about a arists and bands tournment instead ?

Like each day we vote which band or artist is the best and the winner progresses into the next round :ohmy:

This thread is only about gauging interest in 'Best Beatles Song' survivor.

elevation2u said:
^ that sounds better :hmm:

I love you say you want something more interesting/original and then less than a day later you like the idea of a 'best band' survivor.

The fact that it's the biggest band ever is what makes it more interesting - because they have SO MANY great songs to choose from. If a band only had four or five great songs to choose from, a 'Best Song' survivor wouldn't be very interesting, but this is the BEATLES.

namkcuR said:
The fact that it's the biggest band ever is what makes it more interesting - because they have SO MANY great songs to choose from. If a band only had four or five great songs to choose from, a 'Best Song' survivor wouldn't be very interesting, but this is the BEATLES.

very true considering their extensive & top quality catalog...the band survivor appealed to me because it seems like people would get all fussy about what band is better since it's pretty much impossible on actually choosing a best band...while [in my head] choosing the best beatles song wouldn't cause so commotion and i'm sure there are people out there who [gasp] may not care for the beatles and therefore would be left out.....ok, I rambled:huh:

How can anyone in their right mind think the Beatles are crap?!?! :tsk: :down: :silent: :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom