'Best Beatles Song' Survivor?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
KhanadaRhodes said:

don't alter quotes.

Hey wait, actually I didn't alter any quote, I just let something out. I should have put [...] and [...] around it though.

Anyway, sorry khanada, I thought you would take it more lightheartedly :wink:

I've tallied what everyone's said so far, and right now it looks like this:

YES:

nightninja56
Imouttacontrol
u2man
bonosshades
susanp6
corianderstem

NO:

lazarus
khanadarhodes
elevation2u
vaz02

RANDOM COMMENTS THAT CANNOT BE INTERPRETED EITHER WAY:

yertle
canadiens1160
ponkine
macphistopt

So, I think 'Yes' is winning right now...

Last edited:
Alright, ruckman, hurry up, make the decision before another freak comes in here and says "NO!!!", lol :wink:

I don't know if I'm 100% with this yet, there's just too much to declare a Number 1 song.

So put me in the fence for this one.

I just want to see it happen for the fistfights that will break out.

I have no worries that I'll disagree so vehemently with the "winner" that my entire worldview will change.

lazarus said:
I vote no, as it would save us the absolute embarassment of picking a McCartney song as the winner over Lennon masterpieces like Strawberry Fields Forever, I Want You (She's So Heavy), A Day in the Life, or I Am the Walrus.

Lennon didn't write I Want You (She's So Heavy) -- George did. ;)

I'd go with yes if it weren't for the fact that the competition would take forever! So I guess I'm on the fence as well.

namkcuR said:
I
RANDOM COMMENTS THAT CANNOT BE INTERPRETED EITHER WAY:

yertle
canadiens1160
ponkine
macphistopt
I've never read a better description of my contributions to Interference! :wink:

Or we could have a "Worst McCartney Old-Tymey Style Song Survivor"

I'd participate in that one.

But hell, count me as a yes just because I'm interested in how the thing would pan out.

the tourist said:

Lennon didn't write I Want You (She's So Heavy) -- George did. ;)

It is actually credited as a Lennon/McCartney song but it was written by Lennon for Yoko.

August 20, 1969 was whe last recording session ever with all four Beatles together in a studio. The very last track recorded by the band as a unit was "I Want You (She's So Heavy)".

Thumbs up here. Should be interesting at least.

Going to see the Beatles' Love show in Vegas tomorrow night.:drool: :drool:

Because of the volume of their work, perhaps it should end up as a top 5 or 10, depending how you start or your voting criteria? Will it be every CD or certain songs or 1 song per CD ( :crazy: )

:reject:

:shifty: In My Life :shifty:

Westport said:
Thumbs up here. Should be interesting at least.

Going to see the Beatles' Love show in Vegas tomorrow night.:drool: :drool:

Is that the Cirque de Soleil (sp?) show? Hope you come back and post a review :hmm:

Westport said:

It is actually credited as a Lennon/McCartney song but it was written by Lennon for Yoko.

August 20, 1969 was whe last recording session ever with all four Beatles together in a studio. The very last track recorded by the band as a unit was "I Want You (She's So Heavy)".

Thank you.

I like Harrison, but he could never in a million years write something so perfectly simple as IWY(SSH). And I guarantee that the ferociously menacing guitar work on the conclusion of that track is Lennon as well. He pulled that shit out of the maelstrom of hell, something Georgie didn't tend to look into.

Harrison's version of simple is Old Brown Shoe...which is pretty sucky.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom