best bands ever?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
inmyplace13 said:

oMg you spelled Puddle of Mudd wrong

you're not a true fan like me :grumpy:

I'm a bad fan :banghead:

I change them for The Bravery, I can spell that name right :happy:

#1bonofan said:
What in the heck! Could the reason some of the same bands are coming up over and over is b/c they are the greatest and people everywhere agree! You have these bands in your list too. who are you to say people are pretending to like them! :scratch: Did I miss the memo that said you were the only true music fan?

it sounds like you've missed more than a few memo's, dear diary.

financeguy said:
The Stones didn't push any boundaries. They just bought black music to a white audience.
:eyebrow: There's a bit of a leap between Muddy Waters and Exile On Main Street. Any rock and roller, anywhere, owes at least 33.3% of their sound to the 'Stones.

Elvis brought black music to a white audience too, and he's still jawsome :drool:

ahhh

I couldnt possibly reply to this thread

there's is quite a thick line between "best bands ever" and "bands I think are the best"

for example I could care less for

Led zeppelin or Queen

but my list would defintiely have the stones, beatles & clash among many others

Well... Best Bands Ever is always somebody's opinion. It's not like there's an objective Best Bands Ever! I would think it pretty much translates as Favorite Bands!

1. U2
2. The Beatles

and then in no particular order...

Radiohead
REM
Pearl Jam
Pink Floyd
Led Zeppelin
Metallica (upto Garage)
Depeche Mode
Def Leppard (upto Euphoria)

coldplay
radiohead
keane
kasabian
belle & sebastian
dashboard confessionals
deathcab for cutie
the wiggles
etc

of course, this list exists 10fold in the index, but we all know the greatest bands ever are bush, inxs, hunters, crowdies, boom crash opera, icehouse, even dave dobbin shits all over some of these. and if you dont agree you can do the proverbial sideways
:happy:

no really, funny thread.
:up:

get you the preachers cops

get you the preacher cream

typical lazy eyes

there for you and me

and they're all connected

Zootlesque said:
Well... Best Bands Ever is always somebody's opinion. It's not like there's an objective Best Bands Ever! I would think it pretty much translates as Favorite Bands!

1. U2
2. The Beatles

:shocked:

=1. U2, Bowie.
=2. Smiths, Stone Roses.
=3. Dylan, The Beatles, The Stones, Iggy, Echo & the Bunnymen, Oasis, The Who

I can't believe some people think Coldplay are one of the greatest bands EVER :huh: don't get me wrong, i LOVE Coldplay, but I think for ANY band to be considered one of the greats they should have at least been around for awhile, or even if they weren't together for very long, distance is needed from their work to truly evaluate their impact on the world of music.

I'd say The Beatles are probably the greatest band ever, though U2 are my favourite and definitely the best band today. The Velvet Underground are up there, too. I think Radiohead is as well though it'll be interesting to see where they are in ten or twenty years, what people think of them then, ect. I think they will be considered one of the greats.

Coldplay? It's kinda hard to believe that they've only had three albums out.... they surely can't be one of the greatest bands ever.... They're a bit overrated.

It's all about;
U2
Queen
Beatles

Back
Top Bottom