best band

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Which is the 2nd best band ( best if U2 is not your topmost band) according to you ?

• beatles

Votes: 8 16.0%
  • rolling stones

Votes: 2 4.0%
  • the who

• pink floyd

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • ac/dc

• aerosmith

• metallica

• oasis

• coldplay

Votes: 1 2.0%
  • travis

• rem

• the police

Votes: 3 6.0%
  • roxette

• ccr

• winger

• queen

• radiohead

Votes: 8 16.0%
  • air supply

• bon jovi

• led zeppelin

Votes: 3 6.0%
  • blur

• billy joel

• bruce springsteen

Votes: 4 8.0%
  • depeche mode

• inxs

• guns n roses

• deep purple

• iron maiden

• pearl jam

• others ( please specify in post)

Votes: 6 12.0%

• Total voters
AcrobatMan said:
"best band according to you"...that would be ur favorite band...the band u listen to most...

Well, the second best band according to me still isn't my second favourite band. :scratch: I'll have to opt out of this poll. :slant:

Is Roxette still recording? :lol:

I would also have to recommend The Strokes as they are a current and fast-rising band.

But yes, my second top band is also my second favorite band.
It's hard to pick just one favorite second...

Argh. :p

Starsailor is my second favourite band....for personal reasons. :heart: :love:

But for second best band, I would probably say Radiohead or REM or Doves. I think....

you people suck. 2 votes for oasis?!?! whats wrong with you??!

starsailor is a forgettable band that noone will remember in 10 years.

btw, i hardly listen to u2 anymore, so i guess this would have to be the poll where it would be "MOST listened too group."

U2 is my sentimental favourite, and probably always will be. I listen to a wide variety of music from punk, to rock, to ambient, to chill-out, to trance, to hip hop, etc. and it would really be impossible to pick a #2. Right now Leftfield I guess, 'cause I'm listening to Afro-Left and being wowed by how totally sweet it is.

U2 will always be one of my top two or three sentimental favourites, for sure. Sometimes I don't listen to them much at all for a long stretch, then I go back to listening to them tons. I voted for the Police in this poll, but I think Led Zeppelin are strong contenders for greatest band ever...though I haven't been listening to them much for a while! My top band at the moment is Midnight Oil, and I expect them to remain in my top four or five, at the least, for a long time. I've liked them for as much as eight years, but having just recently seen them and bought most of the stuff I didn't already have by them, they sort of snuck up on me...

I like Dave Mathews Band after U2. I also like some Aerosmith. Dave is good too, not as good as U2 of course though.:bono:

i didnt vote for floyd cause i picked radiohead first. floyd would come in second.

however that doesnt explain for the other stupids who came here and voted for oasis, roxette and aerosmith.

oh and to the individual who says he doesnt get radiohead, i dont get u2 very much anymore either.

so it goes both ways.

dizzy said:

My question exactly! :D *starts singing "It Must Have Been Love"*

ooh, Roxette makes me think of the good old days living in Indo. They were QUITE popular there. My friends and I had all their tapes. :D

"Hello, you fool, I love you! c'mon join the joyride!"

too incredibly difficult. i'll give you the top bands I'm listening to as of this moment, even though you don't want it :p

kinks, byrds, talking heads, wilco, magnetic fields, jayhawks, joni mitchell, the jam, pere ubu, rolling stones, minutemen, and the mekons.

I've listened to all of those bands today :huh:

If you asked me a year ago it would be radiohead hands down, lately Elliott Smith has been climbing the ranks and somedays he is my 2nd fave. Today is one of those

Back
Top Bottom