Best B-Sides

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SkeeK

The Original, Rock n' Roll Doggie, VIP PASS
I haven't really listened to any yet, but you guys let me know which ones are the slammingest, raddest, awesomest B-Sides, aiight?

my favorites:

* palo alto (trippy, aggressive guitars, a song that just missed being on ok computer)

* cuttooth (hypnotic, piano-driven track, one of radiohead's most upbeat songs ever, musically)

* lift (performed live during ok computer tour but never recorded, good acoustic/electric sound)

* follow me around (never recorded in studio; debuted live on 'meeting people is easy' film and performed again live in tornonto - 10-17-00)

* true love waits (never recorded in studio; live version released on the 'i might be wrong' EP, haunting track with just guitar & vox, lyrics are somewhat disturbing)

* talk show host (probably peformed more live than any other b-side, several different studio versions explore the whole trip hop thing)

other interesting tracks...

* fog (formerly performend live as 'alligators in the new york sewers' but an almost entirely different sounding studio version was used as recent b-side)

* lull (very mellow ok computer leftoever)

* india rubber (kind of has a jazz experiment-gone-bad vibe to it, regardless, it has some brilliant drumming and guitar sections which make it worthwhile for that alone)

* worrywort (sounds like um, a video game!)

* the amazing sounds of orgy (very bizzare sounding song)

[This message has been edited by The Wanderer (edited 02-05-2002).]

Back
Top Bottom