Best American Band Ever?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
BrownEyedBoy said:
Aerosmith, followed by Bon Jovi and they are followed closely by Guns'n'Roses.

you're kidding right??

someone mentioned Elvis & Johnny Cash, mine would be Roy Orbison we will never have a voice like that again...ever

bsp77 said:

For some reason, all the classic 60's and 70's bands are British (Beatles, Rolling Stones, Led Zeppelin, Pink Floyd). Why is that?

because they were influenced by American [blues] artists: Bo Didley, Robert Johnson, Chuck Berry, Elvis...

Last edited:
My favourites are...

Nirvana
Pearl Jam
Bruce Springsteen
Metallica

So they are the best for me but there are many others of course

Last edited:
maybe they're just lumping them together with the bands under an 'Artist' category??

yeah I just mentioned Roy Orbison seeing artists like elvis and johnny cash were mentioned, however I think my vote would go to REM.

The quality of the bands that the Yanks have produced pales in comparison with the quality of Pommy bands.

Quite remarkabale considering the population difference.

...and for us Aussies (with apologies to the Oils and INXS), the less said the better.

Personal fave Yank bands:

REM
Live

Brilliant....

Nobody mentioned the Funk Brothers and Booker T & The MG's? Basically, that's early Motown and Stax you're having there...
:shrug:

i think everyone meant to say Green Day,

like omg they are so politically conscious and great musicians, yeah, they're like number 1 on trl like all the time...
reason enough why theyre the best band ever, omg!!
i almsot forgot about my chemical romance, like totally the best new jersey band ever!

Back
Top Bottom