best airline?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

popacrobat

Rock n' Roll Doggie FOB
im going to be headed to st louis this week (im from connecticut) and i've never flown before. (i'm 17.) so, which airline do you guys recommend? is there even a difference between any of them?

goin to the world series, cant wait :hyper:

any help/advice would be appreciated, thanks in advance

Last edited:
StlElevation said:
im going to be headed to st louis this week (im from connecticut) and i've never flown before. (i'm 17.) so, which airline do you guys recommend? is there even a difference between any of them?

goin to the world series, cant wait :hyper:

any help/advice would be appreciated, thanks in advance

find the cheapest...:)

Midwest Airlines (formerly Midwest Express)

I usually go for whatever airline can get me there fastest, with little to no connections and at a good price.

well, I can over-opinionize here...but at this point in the game (finding airline tickets to STL the same week you plan on traveling), I would worry about price rather than "the best airline" - unless cash is not an issue. Last minute bookings are VERY expensive. VERY. (Same week bookings often cost in the thousands.....have you thought about Greyhound? :shifty: )

Lucky for you, Southwest has quite a few flights in and out of STL. American also has a "mini-hub" there, so they might be a good option.

At the moment, I don't believe JetBlue flies to STL.

Good luck.

Last edited:
It makes absolutely no difference on such a short flight.

Flying overseas, I do not do charter flights or no-frills airlines. Sitting in a cramped seat made for a midget for 10 hours through 7 time zones is not my idea of fun. Then, I would pay more, certainly.

I like British Airways a lot.

Delta is the great satan. TWICE, mind you, TWICE, Delta has lost my luggage when returning from Europe. Once it was sent to St. Louis when I stopped at Dulles, the second time, Dulles again, but my luggage went to New York with the women's US soccer team. I DID, however, GET to ride with the soccer team, so maybe I should be complaining... :hmm:

UnforgettableLemon said:
Delta is the great satan. TWICE, mind you, TWICE, Delta has lost my luggage when returning from Europe. Once it was sent to St. Louis when I stopped at Dulles, the second time, Dulles again, but my luggage went to New York with the women's US soccer team. I DID, however, GET to ride with the soccer team, so maybe I should be complaining... :hmm:

only twice? haha I have lost count with how many times my luggage has been lost thanks to Delta. But I will say they have always delivered it as soon as they find it. I have learned to carry my luggage on board and have perfected "packing light". Being a Frequent Flyer has its benefits, I get to board early and get first dibs on overhead space. :wink: Delta is my main choice for flying mainly because it is all that is here in Atlanta. AirTran is a nice alternative, but the flight schedules do not always work with my work schedule. Now that Delta reported a huge lost this quarter, I may be flying AirTran more often. The few times I have flown American Airlines, I have never had a problem. I like their planes because they are roomier and I do not feel cramped up while seated.

They are roomier? Gosh. Then I would have been shrimped on other airlines.

American always lost my bags. And the stewardesses are... well, sorry... I mean they´re ok... I met a nice stewardess, she reminded me of my mum.

American is always late, they are often overbooked, and the columnists of their magazines brag about interviews with Tom Cruise callng them "my man" - so what?

As to the rest: the whole TSA staff is incompetent, unfriendly and obviously feels proud pissing everyone off. Flying in the U.S. is a pain in the ass, and I will wholeheartedly try to avoid it. I can only recommend to go by Greyhound; contrary to 15 yrs ago, this time the schedule and service was perfect.

Last edited:
in canada, west jest is good.

internationally, i stick to northwest/klm. good stuff. :up:

whenhiphopdrovethebigcars said:

As to the rest: the whole TSA staff is incompetent, unfriendly and obviously feels proud pissing everyone off. Flying in the U.S. is a pain in the ass, and I will wholeheartedly try to avoid it. I can only recommend to go by Greyhound; contrary to 15 yrs ago, this time the schedule and service was perfect.

There has only been one time that I was annoyed with the TSA, but they were doing their job. I have never taken Greyhound and have no desire to.

I give them some leeway on international flights when you are changing planes once or more, regarding lost luggage. It's not really the airline's fault, it is the airport workers in whatever city your bags were mistakenly rerouted.

I've had luggage lost and never found on Air Canada (I did get reimbursed about $860 for a single suitcase), I've had my bags missing for about 24 hours twice on Lufthansa, but generally people were genuinely helpful.

I've flown:

Air Canada
Air Transat
SkyService
British Airways
Croatia Airlines
Austrian Airlines
SwissAir
Lufthansa
KLM

thanks guys for all the help

i believe were going with southwest, got a flight just in time.

thanks again :up:

Originally posted by JessicaAnn I usually go for whatever airline can get me there fastest, with little to no connections and at a good price.

:yes: Also, pack as little as possible so you don't have to check a bag. Some airlines(like Delta) also let you check-in for your flight online and print out your own boarding pass, so you can avoid the lines at the airport...and don't have to get there so early.

MissVelvetDress_75 said:

There has only been one time that I was annoyed with the TSA, but they were doing their job. I have never taken Greyhound and have no desire to.

Good for you :) I have been more than annoyed several times, I missed flights because of the TSA.

The TSA ruined my luggage, simply cut it because they were too lazy to open it properly - it was not locked. Then, the airline had to repair it, plus it cost me one day of my precious holidays.

Sometimes they were not doing their job (incompetent), f.e. I met a guy on Miami Airport, he had just left his tickets somewhere, looked for them and didn´t want to run around with his luggage - so I watched it for him for about half an hour, from a distance of a few metres. Me and everyone else would have been blown up pretty fast in case of..! (but I knew I could trust him because he was a Ras - so I had no problem watching his luggage).

Rather then doing their job, they were proud showing off their power to passengers: Achtung! Here comes the TSA.

They were unfriendly: while I had to wait for them to search my luggage, I was not allowed to touch the backpack, moved away a few metres, but staying in the search area. The result was that they shouted at me that they´d take the bags away if I move away - they literally shouted: Move back immidiately! If not your luggage will be confiscated! - it wasn´t unattended language, they knew it was mine, and I was waiting for them! Fucking hypocrites.

Maybe they make a difference for domestic/ international travels.

I took Greyhound from San Francisco via L.A. to Vegas and back, and I had no problem. There was security, they checked the luggage properly, no bag was lost (contrary to 15 years ago!), the buses were on time, the check in lines were not as long as the ones at the airport, the bus was comfortable and clean, and indeed there were a few middle-class Americans in there (not only the lower class in Reagan times). Also, a relative of mine did all the way by Greyhound this summer - around 20 destinations - and never had problems. The bus drivers were professional and some were really nice.

So I think at the moment Greyhound is the best way to travel inside America. It also has that cult factor. I mean, everyone is flying those days.. a slacker generation X punk like me likes em buses ;) You can even have a few beers while travelling.

The TSA would probably assume there´s nerve gas in a six pack and confiscate it. No, seriously, those guys pissed me off. They don´t deserve any payment at all.

Last edited:
whenhiphopdrovethebigcars said:
And the stewardesses are... well, sorry... I mean they´re ok...

perhaps this was the problem, if you were going around calling them stewardesses. they are flight attendants now.

Re: Re: best airline?

Mr. BAW said:

find the cheapest...:)

:up:

Most domestic airlines are largely fungible. They all buy their planes from the same few of companies and provide little more than a drink on board.

If the prices are the same, JetBlue does offer in-seat entertainment with DirecTV.

Back
Top Bottom