Best 90's North American middle-of-the-road/post-grunge band

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I freakin hated Kid A at first...turned it off after Idioteque. :down: 50 or so listens later...I'm inclined to agree with you; it is pretty perfect. :wink: Can't beat those opening four.

xaviMF22 said:

well it's not like ATYCLB had a chance did it? :p

:hmm: One has Stuck In A Moment, the other doesn't. I suppose it didn't.

Actually, I quite like ATYCLB...it just has some filler-ish tracks. Popular music rarely sees a better single than Beautiful Day.

LemonMelon said:
:hmm: One has Stuck In A Moment, the other doesn't. I suppose it didn't.

Actually, I quite like ATYCLB...it just has some filler-ish tracks. Popular music rarely sees a better single than Beautiful Day.

:up::up:

ATYCLB is U2's third masterpiece

and one of my favorite albums ever :drool: :drool:

Kite :heart:

Beautiful Day
Kite
In A Little White
Wild Honey
When I Look At The World
New York

:heart: I love all of the songs I'm supposed to hate.

Third Eye Blind had an amazing debut, and their second album was really good as well. Third one was kind of iffy, but they're still BY FAR my favorite of this type of music. They were the first good band I remember hearing on the wasteland that was the radio circa-1997, and they were my first favorite band, as well as the band that eventually led me to bands like U2 and The Velvet Underground (aka good music).

Hell, I'd probably rather listen to their first album than Automatic For the People, though I was always more of a fan of early REM anyway. :wink:

The Noughties have been shite for music, both on the commercial front and the more high-brow front.

The sheer fact that the White Stripes are worshipped by so many folk is an ugly characteristic of the decade....where are all the bands that had a feel-good sincerity about them, ala Gin Blossoms and Toad The Wet Sprocket and Oasis

I love New Miserable Experience. That band verges on country rock too.
Funnily enough the best songs I like by STP are poppy/non grunge ones. Atlanta is one of the most haunting songs I've ever heard.
Screaming Trees were great.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom