Best 80s Glam/Metal/Hard Rock Band?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Def Leppard!!! fo' sure!

Much better and longer lasting than any of those hair bands like Poison, Motley Crüe, Ratt & what not.

Bon Jovi (still :heart: ), Motley Crue , Def Leppard

Worst: Cinderella, Warrant

Last edited:
Def Leppard for the fun factor, but in actuality I think Poison was the most talented of the bunch. They just had a terrible, terrible look, and song titles like "Unskinny Bop" didn't really help either. Doesn't change the fact that Every Rose Has Its Thorn is a great song regardless of any genre.

Warrant is one of the worst bands of all time, hands down.

Def Leppard, Scorpions. They rocked you like a hurricane :rockon:

mf_emoticon_heavymetal.gif

I can't think of anything except GNR. I hated almost all the rest of the metal/glam/hard rock bands from the '80s. I don't even like GNR that much, but they had a few great songs.

lazarus said:
Def Leppard for the fun factor, but in actuality I think Poison was the most talented of the bunch. They just had a terrible, terrible look, and song titles like "Unskinny Bop" didn't really help either. Doesn't change the fact that Every Rose Has Its Thorn is a great song regardless of any genre.

Warrant is one of the worst bands of all time, hands down.

Interesting - I've always had the opposite perception of both bands, that DL were the more serious and talented of the two, whereas Poison were more "fluff" and fun. And I was a bigger DL fan back in the day than I care to admit.

I do agree with the Warrant assessment, however. :wink:

I think I'm one of the very few who like the Sammy incarnation of VH better than David Lee Roth's. IMO, they went from being your stereotypical hard rock caricature to being a good, solid band. For Unlawful Carnal Knowledge is a great album. It's the only one I still listen to. Panama/Jump/Hot For Teacher make me cringe.

I'm going w/ GnR #1 (But for some reason I don't consider them a an 80s hair band

I'll always have a soft spot for Twisted Sister and Quiet Riot though:rockon:

cum on feel the noise

VintagePunk said:
I think I'm one of the very few who like the Sammy incarnation of VH better than David Lee Roth's. IMO, they went from being your stereotypical hard rock caricature to being a good, solid band. For Unlawful Carnal Knowledge is a great album. It's the only one I still listen to. Panama/Jump/Hot For Teacher make me cringe.

I liked Sammy too. But these days, if I never hear another Van Halen song, I'll survive just fine :shifty: I've reached the saturation point.

Whitesnake had some good songs too. OF course GNR , and yes, I unfortunately remember Tesla too one4u2

I'm sure you boys enjoyed watching the Warrant videos though :sexywink:

And no, Poison just.... sucks, sorry.
And the Crue just rocked! I remember seeing them early on
even opened for Kiss one time

M E T A L!!

80s was the best era for metal/rock music!!
look at the state the music is in now!!

80s rocked!!!!

SKID ROW any one, hello!!!!

stryper!!(they still rock) just saw them a couple of months ago!!)

Dokken

Quiet Riot

Ratt

Judas Priest

Bullet Boys

most of you already named some of the bands!!
i also like the Darkness!!

Lila64 said:
thankfully some of us are not still locked in the 80s though :shifty: :wink:

:lol: I still do like the 80s but not metal, more like Depeche Mode kinda stuff.. and yes Skid Row 18 and Life and Youth Gone Wild :happy:

Back
Top Bottom