Besides U2. what does everyone else listen to?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Boomtown Rats
Muse
Travis
Gemma Hayes
Brian Kennedy :heart:
Pogues
Coldplay
Madonna
REM
Doves

- It changes every day :slant:

Broooce Springsteen, REM, The Police, Elvis Costello, Talking Heads, The Beatles, Jeff Buckley, INXS, Crowded House, Doves, Travis, Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers, The Doors, Midnight Oil, Kate Bush, The Eurythmics, Pearl Jam, Aretha Franklin, Peter Gabriel, Chris Isaak, The Clash, Marvin Gaye, Stevie Wonder, Roy Orbison, White Stripes, Pink Floyd, The Pretenders, Sarah McLachlan, Prince and a ton of other folks.

Last edited:
No particular order or anything..

Beck, Radiohead, The Flaming Lips, Outkast, Ryan Adams, Rufus Wainwright, Wilco, R.E.M., The Postal Service, Sneaker Pimps, Ted Leo and the Pharmacists, Her Space Holiday, Tricky, Coldplay, Moby, Black Rebel Motorcycle Club, The Strokes, David Bowie, The Music, The Verve, The White Stripes, Beastie Boys, Doves, Felix da Housecat, Bruce Springsteen, Prince, Grandaddy, Junior Senior, Red Hot Chili Peppers.

I think that's it. :hmm:

Bono's shades said:
Broooce Springsteen, REM, The Police, Elvis Costello, Talking Heads, The Beatles, Jeff Buckley, INXS, Crowded House, Doves, Travis, Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers, The Doors, Midnight Oil, Kate Bush, The Eurythmics, Pearl Jam, Aretha Franklin, Peter Gabriel, Chris Isaak, The Clash, Marvin Gaye, Stevie Wonder, Roy Orbison, White Stripes, Pink Floyd, The Pretenders, Sarah McLachlan, Prince and a ton of other folks.

I like your list. :).

Angela

well since alot of you are listing a lot more than just a few artists that you listen to i guess ill try to do better:

U2 #1!!!!

Jimmy Buffett, Sting, The Doors, frank sinatra,Red hot chili peppers, van halen, sammy hagar, aerosmith, johnny cash, bob marley, bon jovi, acdc, latin music, rem, the corrs, chris isaak, billie holiday, ted nugent, motley crue, poison, moby, and more but i ant think right now.

Ok, here we go * cracks her fingers*

Therapy?
Gavin Friday
Frank Sinatra
Red Hot Chilli Peppers
No Doubt
Metallica
Nirvana
Cold
Fun Loving Criminals
Dave Mathew's Band
Pixies
RadioHead
Placebo
The Smiths
REm
Sting
Irish Trad Music
Sex Pistols
The Clash
Tony Bennet
El Otro Yo
Queen of the Stone Age
The Corrs
Camille O'Sullivan

And I'm probably forgetting about loads of great bands!

Smashing Pumpkins
The Verve
Dandy Warhols
Sleater Kinney
Rage Against the Machine
Radiohead
Elliot Smith :)()
Pj Harvey
Tori Amos

LOTS of stuff

Jack In The Box said:
Super Furry Animals
Interpol
Moby
Bj?rk
Coldplay
Rolling Stones
Morphine
Meat Puppets
Smashing Pumpkins

etc.

Primus, Tool, Dimmu Borgir, Depeche Mode, Metallica (early stuff), The Coral, The Who, Elbow, Maniac Street Preachers, The Smiths, The Cure, Van Morrison, Bob Dylan, Jimi Hendrix, The Doors, X-Japan, Radiohead :der: , The Divine Comedy, Pulp, Travis, Dido, The Hours soundtrack (I love it), AFI, Bad Religion, Deftones, Blindside, Alice in Chains, Green River, David Bowie, Velvet Underground, Doves, REM, White Stripes, Ryan Adams, Wilco, Weezer, Foo Fighters, Incubus, Ill Ni?o, Cafe Tacuba, Zoe, Zurdok, Madonna, Oasis, Pixies, Melvins, Portishead, Massive Attack, Suede, Placebo, Queen, Red Hot Chili Peppers, Hives, Strokes, Libertines, Gomez, Robbie Williams, Sigur Ros, Mars Volta, Tori Amos, PJ Harvey...

etc. :D

Been into Elvis Presley and Frank Sinatra a lot lately for some reason.

I'm recently single and kinda just lookin' around. Listening to the 2 biggest studs in the history of music really boosts your confidence, and behave in a way those guys did back when men were real men.

Last edited:
KhanadaRhodes said:
duran duran
japan
no doubt
the police
sting
i did my list in haste, there's more people i like really. there's people i'm casual fans of, but as for more favourites, my list is on the shorter side.

i also like tears for fears (thanks moonlit_angel for reminding me!), wham!, and i'm also trying to get myself into david sylvian. also, my husband is trying to make me a new order fan, so he put two of their albums on my ipod. i suppose it's a little too early to call them a favourite or anything, but i'm liking what i'm hearing so far...

then there's also arcadia, the band that never was. there's also david bowie, the rolling stones...

well , once again

Pink Floyd , Queen ,
Rolling Stones , Ouytkast
The Doors , Genesis ,
Tricky , Jethro Tull ,
Roger Waters , Syd Barrett
, David Bowie , Peter Gabriel
, Bob Dylan , Blur ,
Sex Pistols , Dire Straits
U2 , Smashing Pumkins
Nirvana , Brian Eno
Lamb , PJ Harvey
Bjork , prodigy
John Lennon , The beatles
Paul Mccartney , REM
Pavement , Stone Temple Pilots
Radiohead , Guns'n'Roses ,
ACDC , RHCP , Rage against The Machine
Camel ,

Beatles
Police
Coldplay
John Lennon
Our Lady Peace
Chantal Kreviazuk
10,000 Maniacs
Bob Marley
REM
Stones

Rather than directly ranking bands, I put them into general groups of descending personal importance. subject to change ad infinitum

First Tier:
U2, Underworld, Massive Attack, Outkast, Radiohead, Lamb

Second Tier:
Amon Tobin, Wilco, The Flaming Lips, Blackalicious, Portishead, Doves, PJ Harvey, Sigur Ros, REM, Way Out West, Moby, Moloko, The Shins

Third Tier:
Apollo 440, DJ Tiesto, Spoon, Orbital, Elbow, Conjure One, Garbage, Aesop Rock, Bjork, Grandaddy, Hybrid, Red Hot Chili Peppers, RJD2, Zero 7, Air, Merkury Burn, Delerium, Fatboy Slim, Prodigy, Nitin Sawhney, The Weakerthans, UNKLE, Vangelis

Lucinda Williams, Nickel Creek, Van Morrison, Neil Young, James Taylor, Dolly Parton, Bob Dylan, Johnny Cash & Family, Rodney Crowell, The Dubliners, The Pogues,Idlewild, Stereophonics, Bruce Springsteen, Sting/The Police, The Clash, The Who, The Ramones, Damien Rice, Emmylou Harris, The Cranberries, Cheiftans, Sinead O' Connor, Bob Marley, Jimmy Buffet, Natalie Merchant,Elvis Costello,Coldplay, David Bowie, Queen, Boomtown Rats, Gemma Hayes, Pat Green, Aretha Franklin, Marvin Gaye, Stevie Wonder, Elton John,Roy Orbison, The Pretenders, The Thrills, REM, Outkast, Black Rebel Motorcycle Club, B.B King, The Rolling Stones, Elvis Presley, Frank Frank Sinatra,Ryan Adams, The Beatles, Bessie Smith, David Bowie, Primus, Jeff Buckley, and so many more :laugh: sorry my list just kept going on and on.

lately I've been listening to 3 Doors Down....and I think I'm gonna try and go see them in late January....if the price is right.

apart from u2 i listen to;

nirvana ( i love this band!)
linkin park
the offspring
david bowie
mudvayne
system of a down
slipknot
cursive
thursday
a bit of reggae and soul

and thats all i can remember

Mainly, I listen to U2 , Classic Van Halen and anything by David Lee Roth but I also like The Doors, Marvin Gaye, The Four Tops ,Queen, INXS, Ohio Players...

Last edited:
The Clash
Ramones
Hot Hot Heat
Dear John
Dashboard Confessional (if I'm feeling particularly sad)
Travis
Coldplay
Westlife

and other random stuff

Last edited:
Garbage, Simple Minds, Rolling Stones, Depeche Mode, Axelle Red, Roxette, Noa, Arno, INXS, R.E.M., Metallica, Hooverphonic, Republica, Savage Garden, The Cardigans,...
but I always return to U2 :laugh:

Of couse U2 and......

Red Hot Chili Peppers
Led Zeppelin
Oasis
Rolling Stones
Status Quo
Travis
Coldplay
Nirvana
Stereophonics
Izzy Stradlin