Ben Harper - Diamonds on the Inside

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

DiGi

New Yorker
So I just picked this up today. Does anyone else have a copy yet? If so what do you think? I have listened to the first 12 tracks one time thru so far. The only other one of his CD's I have is Burn to Shine. I think I like this one better. I think it will grow on me. Kinda chill but it flows really nice.

DiGi said:
So I just picked this up today. Does anyone else have a copy yet? If so what do you think? I have listened to the first 12 tracks one time thru so far. The only other one of his CD's I have is Burn to Shine. I think I like this one better. I think it will grow on me. Kinda chill but it flows really nice.

Yeah, it is a great record. I've had an advance copy for a while now & it def is a lot different than his previous stuff. He usually does a ton of acoustic stuff and puts on one helluva live show. If you like his stuff, you should pick an album of his called "The Will To Live." An achingly beautiful album. My friend runs his website and it has tons of info about him. Check it out at www.benharper.net
What songs do you like on the new one? I like "With My Own Hands" "When It's Good" and "Brown Eyed Blues."

I was thinking of that CD wishlist. Ben Harper is high up on it, every time I hear his music on radio or TV, I love it. He is cool, so much feeling in his music. It would be good to know which album you think is best. He will be playing at the Bluesfest soon, he likes going fishing on the beach my dad grew up on. So do I:)
I can hardly believe that I didn't buy an early bird ticket.the line -up is so good this year and Ben Harper is included in the original price .
5 days of blues, and great musicians ( Tuck Andress!!)culminating
in Ben Harper and I won't be there. So yes, I want one of his albums asap.
Might I just say while I'm here....I think Adam Clayton is a great bass player and musician and person. He helped create U2.......
what a truly amazing band. Thank you Adam
Feliz Slainte mate:)

I was in the music store yesterday and I heard it playing over the loudspeaker. I was tempted to pick it up, but I don't know much about Ben Harper so I decided to wait a bit.

The_Sweetest_Thing said:
I was in the music store yesterday and I heard it playing over the loudspeaker. I was tempted to pick it up, but I don't know much about Ben Harper so I decided to wait a bit.

go to www.benharper.net
large amounts of wonderful info await you...

Thanks for the link HOS. I'll wait and look around there with my boys. They like Ben Harper too. They play "Steal My Kisses" on their guitars sometimes.
Last night, rainy and cosy after dinner, my youngest son , who usually sits outside in the evening to play guitar had to come inside. The mosquitoes here are plentiful and vicious after all the rain we've had. He played a medley, Stairway To Heaven, CastlesIn The Sand/Little Wing, Tears In Heaven and Sweet Home Alabama. He is playing much better than I realised, much better. He has beautiful long fingers, very fluid, I was moved. We all share my old 6 string Fender. I was hit by the notion I want to get him his own guitar for his next birthday. I have a platypus money box( left over from the Olympic games) it was meant to be for silverchair...nope I'm doing that as cheaply as I can. My new goal, get the little fella his own guitar...perfect.

guitars:)
people who play them well:)
Ben Harper:)

my goodness!! I just noticed some of the "similar threads" that came up with this topic

:)

I've seen Ben live twice. The first time he was opening for Dave Matthews Band, but the 2nd time he was by himself at the Electric Factory in Philadelphia, and it was perhaps the most intense show I have ever seen. He played a really long set and he was just SO into it. I was right up front--like, 2nd or 3rd row--and he's also quite the handsome fellow as well. ;)

I got Diamonds the other day but haven't heard it all the way through yet. Welcome to the Cruel World is probably still my favorite, because it has "Still I Rise" and "Waiting on an Angel" and "Forever" on it. The Will to Live is also quite good, though.

ok so i just got back from a Jack Johnson and Ben Harper & the innocent criminals show. Amazing! I had seen been at a festival sort of thing before, but his own show was off the hook. .I would suggest that all of you go see him if you have the chance. Faded / Whole Lotta of Love rocked

He was on Letterman tonight...really good, I thought. :) I finally got a real copy of 'live from mars' a bit ago too - love that album. :heart:

I dont mind Ben Harper, I love it when he plays slide guitar, amazingly he comes to Australia heaps and I have never managed to see him live yet.

CASS- I am going to the Byron blues fest this year for the Friday, Saturday and Sunday gigs, and I dont see Ben Harper on the program, what info do you know of that I dont???? I cant wait for Byron, finally I am going, I have never made it there before, but a good friend is now living in Byron, so I have free accomodation, which will make things easier. I cant wait to see Micheal Franti again, James Brown, Taj Mahal, Luka Bloom, Bob Geldof, Donovon Frankenreiter, the cat empire (again) and the many other treats on offer:wink:

I really like Ben Harper's music. I have seen him live twice ... his music really come to life when you see him live. So if you have the chance ... see him live.

There was an episode of Austin City Limits about a month or two ago and with Ben doing some of his new stuff. :up:

JessicaAnn said:
There was an episode of Austin City Limits about a month or two ago and with Ben doing some of his new stuff. :up:
I caught the last half of that - VERY good!! :D
I saw him live at an hmv instore gig in London - the crowd was absolutely gigantic so I was pretty far away, but I could still tell how amazing he is live.

OzAurora said:

CASS- I am going to the Byron blues fest this year for the Friday, Saturday and Sunday gigs, and I dont see Ben Harper on the program, what info do you know of that I dont????
Hi Aurora,
This thread was bumped . It started last year on what was in Australia March 13 2003....which is why I was in such a I:heart: Adam Clayton mood:)
Ben Harper can't make it every year unfortunately. I think the bill for the Bluesfest is pretty well set now....but you never know your luck. Have fun.

I still cry every time I watch the "Diamonds on the Inside " film clip. Sweet sorrow:) It is a great album...I Am Blessed
A year has passed and my youngest son is playing even better guitar now. He was sitting outside last night and singing Steal My Kisses as he was playing:heart: He's still shy, he didn't know I was listening.What did he download the tab for last night?
oh yeah, John Butler's "Zebra":up:
He's a natural, I MUST get him his own guitar this year, his 16th birthday:faint:

Back
Top Bottom