Ben Folds

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

UnforgettableLemon

Rock n' Roll Doggie ALL ACCESS
I absolutely love Ben Folds' "Rockin' the Suburbs" album. There is not a weak track on this album. I was just wondering if any of the stuff he did back in Ben Folds Five was as good? Most of my friends say there is good stuff, but nothing like RTS. Any recommendations?

*belts it out*

i'm rockin the subuuuurbs just like michael jackson did!

that album is perfect! i am pissed because i carried it everywhere with me for a long time and it got a HUGE scratch on it so it doesn't play "the ascent of stan" which is my favorite song on there.

you have very good taste in music...you are also someone who likes weezer, no?

I got into the Ben Folds 5 sometimes last year, and listen to it non-stop for a while, its really good stuff, but I cant listen to it all the time now.

A very talented guy, I havent heard Rockin the suburbs yet but I'll certainly check it out.

Lilly said:
*belts it out*

i'm rockin the subuuuurbs just like michael jackson did!

that album is perfect! i am pissed because i carried it everywhere with me for a long time and it got a HUGE scratch on it so it doesn't play "the ascent of stan" which is my favorite song on there.

you have very good taste in music...you are also someone who likes weezer, no?

i was gonna say that UL has impeccable music taste- my kinda person :up:

I love that album :heart:

I dunno, there are (quite) a few black sheep in my music collection, which shall go unnamed until next time I decide to post my entire CD collection for perusal. There are certain bands I am quite ashamed of. But I have no shame in my love for Ben Folds. And if you haven't heard Rockin' the Suburbs yet... shame on you.

RTS is a great album. My friends got me hooked on it. I'm not, however, familiar with Ben's work in Ben Folds Five. Other then Brick, of course. Everybody and their mother knows that song.

If you like Ben Folds, you should try Tenacious D.

madonna's child said:

If you like Ben Folds, you should try Tenacious D.

I'm gonna have to disagree here. I do like the D, I think they're hilarious. But in a slapsticky kinda way. Ben is very satirical, more Elvis Costello in his humor. Also, he's capable of writing serious songs, and he's much better as a musician. No competition here, no offense to the D.

I agree, Ben is a musician. Tenacious D are comedians who play instruments, but they are similiar in many regards.

I don't like Ben's more serious songs. They depress me. :(

Ben Folds (Five) were great! Whatever and Ever Amen was a great album with some cool tunes on it. I totally recommend it hey.

UnforgettableLemon said:

I'm gonna have to disagree here. I do like the D, I think they're hilarious. But in a slapsticky kinda way. Ben is very satirical, more Elvis Costello in his humor. Also, he's capable of writing serious songs, and he's much better as a musician. No competition here, no offense to the D.

:yes:

Back
Top Bottom