Bell X1 fans

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
i'm quite far from being a fan, especially since i know all of 1 song, but...um....i like "alphabet soup".

I saw them support Keane a couple of times. They were really good and love their album. :up:

Alphabet soup is great

I absolutely love the bellies! The album is really good. Eve is great of course, but I also think I'll see your heart... is brilliant! Its definitely a record I usually always listen to straight through! Good Call Mullen 4 Prez!

I've been listening to the new album Flock
for the past several days.

Does anyone else have it?

Natalie and Rocky Took a Lover are my favorites so far.

I have also heard several of their songs, courtesy of Kat and I really like their stuff. May even be tempted to get their new album when I get some cash at the end of the month!:wink:

I need to hear the new album! I didn't even realize it was out...wow, I'm behind. Any further thoughts on it? I'll have to order it asap!

The songlist is

Reacharaound
Flame
Rocky took a Lover
He said She said
Bad Skin Day
Natalie
Bigger than Me
Just Like Mr.Benn
My First Born For a Song
Trampoline
Lamposts

jkayet
you may have heard Flame I have a radio version of it from several months ago and Bigger than Me was released a few weeks ago as a single.

Lamposts was the first song that really struck me. I've seen a review calling it the "Eve" of this album. I'm not sure about that but Eve is :heart: to me.

I've still only listened to the album straight through maybe 5 times I'm sure the other songs will grow on me too.

ZeroDude
why the tears? Does Bell X 1 make you sad or would you like to hear a sample?

Saw the title on this thread and instantly though of M4P. He's doing well, he told me a week ago, if anyone cares.

I haven't listened to Bell X1 yet, but he has been trying to get me to for some time. I recently discovered the connection to Damien Rice, and that makes me more likely to check them out.

yea guess who gave me the link :bonodrum:

Eve seems to be the song people like before the others. Rocky Took a Lover is my favorite off Flock although I'm warming up to Flame :wink:

really love flock!! listened to it LOADS while going through a difficult breakup. so i think it might be ruined in the long term for me though!! :sad:

inmyplace13 said:
Saw the title on this thread and instantly though of M4P. He's doing well, he told me a week ago, if anyone cares.

I haven't listened to Bell X1 yet, but he has been trying to get me to for some time. I recently discovered the connection to Damien Rice, and that makes me more likely to check them out.

Their first album has a version of Volcano on it...pretty good version too! It's my preference over Damo's at the moment.

M4P hooked me up with a link to download Flock. I'm about halfway through it and it really is some good stuff. :up:

Rocky took a lover video

courtesy of you know who :drool:

http://stashmedia.tv/feed/BellX1_FINAL_sm.mov

Two Norwegians and a Japanese guy meet a couple years ago as students at Central St Martins in London, they form an animation collective and call it SSSR then start producing killer mixed-media vids like this latest one for the Irish band BellX1 – an interesting mix of 2D animation and puppeteering gives it a contemporary look but a home-made kind of charm.

Had never heard of this band until I stumbled across a link to their cover of "Heartland" on an MP3 blog. It's really lovely! I'll have to check out some of their other songs.

susanp6 said:
:ohmy: Saw Mullen4Pez name up and for a moment.....

:wink:

[Q]Had never heard of this band until I stumbled across a link to their cover of "Heartland" on an MP3 blog. It's really lovely! I'll have to check out some of their other songs. [/Q]

good. I'd love to hear what you think :)

corianderstem said:
Had never heard of this band until I stumbled across a link to their cover of "Heartland" on an MP3 blog. It's really lovely! I'll have to check out some of their other songs.

They did a cover of heartland :O!!!!! By any chance would you be willing to upload it?

I don't still have it on my hard drive, sorry.

I would go to Google and search for the song and artist ... hopefully it'll pull up a site called The Hype Machine, which is kind of an MP3 blog round-up. I don't remember which blog I found the MP3 on, but you should be able to find it through that site.

Back
Top Bottom