Beijing Olympics Thread - Part II

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I want a watercube.

c4d_ice_cube_7.jpg

I have a hard time deciding which women's gymnastics events I like the best. What they can do on the balance beam just astounds me, but then I watch them whip themselves into the air on that floor ... I know it's aided by springs under the mat, but god DAMN, that is something.

I love 'em all but I think the balance beam is my favorite. Does anyone remember Dominique Moceanu? She's the best gymnast I've ever seen and she used to KILL on the beam. It was amazing.

I remember her - she had the floor routine to "Devil Went Down to Georgia," and I can still picture her clapping to the audience to the beat for one part.

The balance beam does seem to really separate the girls from the, um...women. or whatever. But really. As if flipping and twisting and spinning wasn't hard enough to do on the ground, hey yeah let's do it several feet up in the air on a tiny strip of beam! *shudder* I can't even imagine trying that.

I like the bars, too. There's one move I used to see gymnasts do that I always thought was the most ungraceful thing I've ever seen them do, on any apparatus.

It was something like them standing on the lower bar and getting to the upper bar from that position, and it looked so awkward and something a beginning gymnast would do. I haven't seen anyone do it recently, but I haven't seen many of the routines.

I actually hate the floor the most. It's unimaginative, usually accompanied by heinous music (notice they don't force the men to prance around).

As for men, I like the high bar and rings.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom