Beijing Olympics Thread - Part II

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I could bore the shit out of you while explaining why they do what they do, but, I'm not that cruel....and the fact that the CBC does not do it is irrelevant, least someone point that out.

Regardless, yeah, you're damned if you do and damned if you do not as it pertains to West Coast programming....but, Saturday's race will be LIVE across the board since it's the weekend.

Well, I get that they want to hit that 'prime time' window, but even tho it supposedly "starts" at 8pm EST, the good LIVE stuff never comes on till more like 10ish anyways. At which time it is almost 8pm on the West Coast 7pm is almost 8, right? lol. So idk.

Then again, I have spent most of my natural-born life in random time zones scattered around the world. Olympic coverage in my childhood consisted of huddling by the radio and listening to the BBC or VOA. but it WAS live. :D

Why? Why must one ask?

But as great as that Wimbledon final was, it would have been 10 times more legendary had Federer won. It would have made for so many more epic statistics about that game. Records broken, combacks made, etc. But it was still stellar.

Well, I get that they want to hit that 'prime time' window, but even tho it supposedly "starts" at 8pm EST, the good LIVE stuff never comes on till more like 10ish anyways. At which time it is almost 8pm on the West Coast 7pm is almost 8, right? lol. So idk.

Then again, I have spent most of my natural-born life in random time zones scattered around the world. Olympic coverage in my childhood consisted of huddling by the radio and listening to the BBC or VOA. but it WAS live. :D

That's the counter-argument, and it makes sense, but it still aint enough to justify starting the games at 5pm local in SF or LA or Seattle. But, seriously, I see your point and it's something a lot of networks struggle with.

Actually, that was a lie. I don't date swimmers.

When is this damned gymnastics gonna start, for real?

If the gymnastics start time is like it has been? 11ish. or midnight. ugh, another late night. :scream:

The woman's gymnastics is tonight, correct? I can't wait for that. The men's competition the other night was unreal.

The Ice Storm FTW.

180px-Elijah_Wood-D.jpg

The woman's gymnastics is tonight, correct? I can't wait for that. The men's competition the other night was unreal.

I think it's just one event tonight, and it might even be a qualifier...though i'm not sure.

Nevermind.

Last edited:
Damn. I missed it. Tonight's should still be interesting though. What's the short-hand version of the women's gym comp?

Chinese women and American women close towards the end.....Chinese women finish strong, American women do not, Chinese take gold, Americans take silver, GAF sits up all night, drinking, smoking and staring into space, muttering "why" every 6 minutes or so.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom