Beijing Olympics Thread - Part II

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hungarian weightlifter dislocates his elbow

I guess it looked worse than it turned out:

"There was a dislocation of the elbow but the bones are not broken," Hungarian weightlifting federation boss Tamas Feher said. "They just put it right back, but I think he's lost the rest of the year."

Feher said Baranyai was OK and watching the rest of Wednesday's weightlifting competition on TV from a his bed at China-Japan Friendship Hospital in Beijing.

"It looked really awful," said Benny Johansson, a technical controller at the event. "If the ligaments are damaged then it could take several months to heal."

Good god!!!! Who the f*** cares about synchronized diving??!?!?!? Is this seriously a sport? Sure, it's extremely cool that the Chinese do it like Siamese twins. But seriously??

And does it have to be on first every single night? :huh:

Has synchro diving always been around or did I just miss seeing it in any of the previous olympics? I have to admit that I don't quite "get" it.

so not all that long.

i think i prefer the solo person diving off a humongous platform and wondering if they're gonna break their neck.

I have been just playing around on the net with the TV on in the background but I swear to Jeebus, 20 of the last 30 minutes have been solid commercials.

chinesegirlownedyd3.jpg

I had to do this... :cute:

That must be the little singer from the opening ceremonies who was deemed too "unattractive" for TV, so they had a "cuter" little girl lip-synch.

poor thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom