Beijing Olympics Thread - Part II

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
my words exactly. *snort* "this is a mistake" THANKS! I'm soooo glad we have commentators to elucidate the minutae for us.

I only wish it had been Daggitt who said it, so I could just hate him more.

Oh there goes other guy again "And of course it will be four years before he can do this competition again"

People, for the last time, take note:

Christian Slater is TWO DIFFERENT PERSONALITIES LIVING IN THE SAME BODY. NEITHER PERSONALITY IS AWARE OF THE OTHER. NBC HAS A HIT ON THEIR HANDS!

To anyone who actually knows a lot about the scoring and stuff...does Horton have a shot at a medal here???

Tim: "I like where Jonathan is sitting right now."

Yes, I'd love to be 14th too.

poor tomita. :( i hate seeing people get hurt and suffer. that vault landing was just not happening.

Canada has broken the nohitter streak for the US women's softball team. Canada is leading 1-0 early in the game. WOW!! We weren't expected to even get a hit based on how the US has been playing in their first two games. It already feels like a victory.

I was also watching the first Paralympian ever to compete in the Olympics. She was playing table tennis for Poland. She lost her first match 3-1 and won her doubles match 3-1.

And I'm watching this bone-jarring punishment these guys are doing themselves.

Canada has broken the nohitter streak for the US women's softball team. Canada is leading 1-0 early in the game. WOW!! We weren't expected to even get a hit based on how the US has been playing in their first two games. It already feels like a victory.

I was also watching the first Paralympian ever to compete in the Olympics. She was playing table tennis for Poland. She lost her first match 3-1 and won her doubles match 3-1.

And I'm watching this bone-jarring punishment these guys are doing to each other.

Oh thank you, forgot to turn this on

Yeah, that was a good moment for Artemev.

Looks like Wei has the Gold sealed up, but who's gonna take the Silver and Bronze??

Let's watch and find out...

Yeng Wei wins. The Chinese win another gymnastics gold medal...lame. And that final high bar routine he did was weak. No release skills at all and the dismount was nothing special, either.

Ok, China, you've had your glory in gymnastics...not it's our turn. Shawn is gonna fuck you guys up tomorrow. Believe that.

GAWD I hope Shawn wins the Gold tomorrow. I'm already biting my fingernails. And I'm thinking beer will have to be bought again.

:nervousashell:

Yeng Wei wins. The Chinese win another gymnastics gold medal...lame. And that final high bar routine he did was weak. No release skills at all and the dismount was nothing special, either.

Why would he bother with a risky routine when all he had to do was perform on the bar and not fall off for the gold? Be reasonable.

He's by far the best male all-around gymnast at these Olympics and one of the truly nicest people around. I'm extremely happy that he won.

Tim: "I like where Jonathan is sitting right now."

Yes, I'd love to be 14th too.

it's as if Tim's reading the media notes given to him by NBC that tell him to continuously give a reason for the American viewing audience not to turn off the TV and go to bed -- you just never know what could happen!

How come men's floor exercise is only about the skills, and women have to prance around to music and pretend to be dancing in between the skills?

That shit is lame.

Because in the past, the women actually danced during the floor. Not a little turn here, a little arm waving here, they danced. Now its nothing but tumbling, which I can't stand. I miss the days where the girls/women did dance and chose really good music. If they're not going to do any sort of dancing anymore, I say get rid of the music.

Swedish wrestler throws bronze medal away in disgust:

Abrahamian threw down his 84kg greco-roman bronze in disgust after his shot at gold was ended by a decision denounced by the Swedish coach as "politics".

Abrahamian took the medal from around his neck during the medal ceremony, stepped from the podium and dropped it in the middle of the mat before storming off.

The Swedish wrestler had to be restrained by team-mates earlier as a row erupted with judges over the decision in a semi-final bout with Andrea Minguzzi of Italy, who went on to the take gold.

Abrhamian, who won silver at the Athens 2004 Games, shouted at the referee, then went over to confront judges, angrily throwing off the restraining arm of a team official.

Swedish fans booed loudly as the judges filed out of the arena. Abrahamian said nothing to waiting reporters but whacked an aluminium barricade with his fist as he left the hall.

"It's all politics," said Swedish coach Leo Myllari.

Swedish wrestler Ara Abrahamian throws away medal in Olympic hissy fit - Telegraph

I didn't see that match but wow, Federer sounds like he was terrible!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom