Beer, Devon Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Waves of Regret
Waves of Joy
I reached out for the one I'd tried to destroy

There are some remarkable lyrics in this song

I've always been partial to the part before those lines:

I was drowning my sorrows
But my sorrows, they learnt to swim
Surrounding me
Going down on me
Spilling over the brim

I've always been partial to the part before those lines:

I was drowning my sorrows
But my sorrows, they learnt to swim
Surrounding me
Going down on me
Spilling over the brim

That whole bit is so amazing.

I don't like that song nearly as much as everyone else on this forum, but that part of the song I agree is great

I also love So Cruel :shifty: I don't know what you guys are talking about it never going anywhere

That whole bit is so amazing.

I don't like that song nearly as much as everyone else on this forum, but that part of the song I agree is great

I also love So Cruel :shifty: I don't know what you guys are talking about it never going anywhere

It's a much better song live, if you ask me. UTEOTW --> WGRYWH/NYD is fucking awesome and I'm glad I've heard the band do both.

It just booooores me. It's so slow and musically inconsequential and mixed appallingly.

Man when Bono gets on a kick he stays on it. Right now it's knees and kneeling

Early 90s it was horses.

WTF Bono...did you experiment a little while you were in Germany or something? Bono lost a few of the last purity points if you ask me.

Man when Bono gets on a kick he stays on it. Right now it's knees and kneeling

Early 90s it was horses.

WTF Bono...did you experiment a little while you were in Germany or something? Bono lost a few of the last purity points if you ask me.

Might explain the photos with that donkey.

It's a much better song live, if you ask me. UTEOTW --> WGRYWH/NYD is fucking awesome and I'm glad I've heard the band do both.

It just booooores me. It's so slow and musically inconsequential and mixed appallingly.

UTEOTW live was epic. Especially when Bono chased Edge around the Ellipse during the guitar solo :lmao:

Even I and my untrained-to-this-sort-of-thing ear would agree So Cruel needs some help, but I have to agree with Chass and others who posted earlier, the lyrics make up for it.

The FLYYYYYY :rockon:

UTEOTW live was epic. Especially when Bono chased Edge around the Ellipse during the guitar solo :lmao:

Even I and my untrained-to-this-sort-of-thing ear would agree So Cruel needs some help, but I have to agree with Chass and others who posted earlier, the lyrics make up for it.

The FLYYYYYY :rockon:

Heh, yeah, and the Elevation UTEOTW fights were classic.

I don't think lyrics alone can save a song that's 1. musically dull, 2. badly mixed and 3. sung like some terribly overwrought sentimental number.

I can't remember which Backmask U2 thing it is, but there was one I enjoyed a fair bit.

Personally, though, the best of the Axtung Beibi outtakes is, without a doubt, Take You Down. What a fucking great track that is.

Heh, yeah, and the Elevation UTEOTW fights were classic.

I don't think lyrics alone can save a song that's 1. musically dull, 2. badly mixed and 3. sung like some terribly overwrought sentimental number.

The fights are made even better when Bono falls off the stage (I hope he's ok)

yeah yeah yeah :p

I fucking Hate Mysterious Ways

Man maybe this is the night I get back into U2....First I was able to enjoy Pride, now I'm actually enjoying MW...I think I just needed a LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONG Break...which U2 have definitely given me :)madspit: )

I can't remember which Backmask U2 thing it is, but there was one I enjoyed a fair bit.

Personally, though, the best of the Axtung Beibi outtakes is, without a doubt, Take You Down. What a fucking great track that is.

I need to find a download for Axtung, or at the very least, choice material from it. But not now...I'm just getting back into the U2 groove. Don't wanna overwhelm myself

The fights are made even better when Bono falls off the stage (I hope he's ok)

yeah yeah yeah :p

I fucking Hate Mysterious Ways

:laugh: God, that's classic.

What do you have against MW? (Ali's going to kill you.)

Believe it or not, I've never heard The Lounge Fly Mix.

I need to find a download for Axtung, or at the very least, choice material from it. But not now...I'm just getting back into the U2 groove. Don't wanna overwhelm myself

Yeah, the whole of Axtung is a waste of time. But a good one disc summary would be quite worth your time. Take You Down, I Feel Free, the Acrobat demo, instrumental EBTTRT - quality stuff.

Man maybe this is the night I get back into U2....First I was able to enjoy Pride, now I'm actually enjoying MW...I think I just needed a LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONG Break...which U2 have definitely given me :)madspit: )

:lol:

Yeah, given how long U2 take to make albums these days, a long break is pretty easy to take. :|

I can't believe we've had two Porcupine Tree albums, an EP, a few more b-sides/rarities, two world tours, and two live albums between HTDAAB and the next album. Oh, and before the new U2 album comes out, PT will play another show for a live album, though I imagine the album itself won't come out until next year.

(I should point out here that besides PT, between HTDAAB and the new U2 album, Steven Wilson has also released a studio album and a live album with Blackfield, an album with No-Man, an album with Bass Communion, and probably other stuff I'm forgetting.)

:laugh: God, that's classic.

What do you have against MW? (Ali's going to kill you.)

:hmm: I think it's a rebellious teenager thing. MW and Pride are mom's two favorite U2 songs. MW and Pride are, incidentally two of my least favorite U2 songs. Add to that that I hear those two songs on the radio ALLLL the time. And MW has been on a CD at work. It all equals satan.

As for the song itself, I'm not a big fan of the exotic feel myself. That's why I freaked out when I heard Moroccan influences. I'm still worried, but not so much now that we've heard some clips and such. Lyrically, it's only a little better than average.

TTTYAATW is such a hit or miss song for me. Sometimes, like right now, I really like it. Other times I realize the lyrics kinda suck. However, I will always love the "Oh, and you just gotta s-, you just gotta make your faith sing..." part.

:lol:

Yeah, given how long U2 take to make albums these days, a long break is pretty easy to take. :|

I can't believe we've had two Porcupine Tree albums, an EP, a few more b-sides/rarities, two world tours, and two live albums between HTDAAB and the next album. Oh, and before the new U2 album comes out, PT will play another show for a live album, though I imagine the album itself won't come out until next year.

(I should point out here that besides PT, between HTDAAB and the new U2 album, Steven Wilson has also released a studio album and a live album with Blackfield, an album with No-Man, an album with Bass Communion, and probably other stuff I'm forgetting.)

I'd have to check the dates, and whether or not they're actually about to release another album or not, but if The Killers release an album this fall, I think they will have released 3 albums, and completely existed during the space between Bomb and This Album :lmao:

God, I dont' care who disagrees, I love the second half of Baby SOOO much. ESPECIALLY! Ultraviolet :wink:

:hmm: I think it's a rebellious teenager thing. MW and Pride are mom's two favorite U2 songs. MW and Pride are, incidentally two of my least favorite U2 songs. Add to that that I hear those two songs on the radio ALLLL the time. And MW has been on a CD at work. It all equals satan.

As for the song itself, I'm not a big fan of the exotic feel myself. That's why I freaked out when I heard Moroccan influences. I'm still worried, but not so much now that we've heard some clips and such. Lyrically, it's only a little better than average.

TTTYAATW is such a hit or miss song for me. Sometimes, like right now, I really like it. Other times I realize the lyrics kinda suck. However, I will always love the "Oh, and you just gotta s-, you just gotta make your faith sing..." part.

Hah, my mother loves MW a lot too. How old is your mother? I have a theory that any woman who was in her early 30s at the start of the 1990s loves MW. I just find MW studio to be pathetically weak compared to the live versions, and Edge's guitar tone has always been better live. It sounds a bit ... muffled, I guess, in the studio.

... wait, that's a line in TTTYAATW? I don't recognise it at all.

Believe it or not, I've never heard The Lounge Fly Mix.

Yeah, the whole of Axtung is a waste of time. But a good one disc summary would be quite worth your time. Take You Down, I Feel Free, the Acrobat demo, instrumental EBTTRT - quality stuff.

When I feel the moment is right, I will hunt this down. :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom