Beer, Devon Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Would it be a religion or denomination? :hmm: Christianity has about 837813758327582465826948652894969528975486 of those, but it could use a 837813758327582465826948652894969528975487th.
Well, it'll be more like an offshoot of Christianity rather than just another denomination. I mean... Christianity doesn't have magical penguin armies. My religion will.

Yeah, I think I prefer that too. Though I'm not 100% on the best place to slot in LCT.

I'd throw in Boomerang II before or after Love to make a better transition. Love is a good mid-tempo track to lead the progression toward the more atmospheric material and it's most logical placement is to put it after Indian, but it doesn't work as well as I'd like.

1. A Sort Of Homecoming - New Age bullshit about snow. We knew you were on the stuff, Bono, but you didn't have to write about it/10
2. Pride - Stop trying to be Arcade Fire, you pack of fucks/10
3. Wire - "I'm no dope, I give you hope?" Ugh/10
4. The Unforgettable Fire - This came out in 1984? Why I am I not surprised?/10
5. Promenade - Twinkly/10
6. 4th Of July - ....Where's the song part?/10
7. Bad - /10
8. Indian Summer Sky - No need to be clever here; this song sucks/10
9. Elvis Presley And America - That mess had something to do with Elvis?/10
10. MLK - Sour milk/10

UF is definitely not my favorite U2 album by any stretch, but the pieces and the atmosphere are here. With some tweaks, this one could have been right up there. As it is, it's definitely not something I'll return to often, except for that brilliant first half.

Thanks for joining in the fun, Ax and co. :wave: It was worth it just to hear UTEOTW again.

Well, it'll be more like an offshoot of Christianity rather than just another denomination. I mean... Christianity doesn't have magical penguin armies. My religion will.

Magical penguin armies?

As long as there are no non-falsifiable claims, I can totally dig this religion of yours.

I'm listening to The Three Sunrises now...the intro kinda sounds like 4th of July

Oh God, I forgot it picks up like this!

It will also have one of these:

edgeguin1.jpg

UF is definitely not my favorite U2 album by any stretch, but the pieces and the atmosphere are here. With some tweaks, this one could have been right up there. As it is, definitely not something I'll return to often, except for that brilliant first half.

Thanks for joining in the fun, Ax. :wave: It was worth it just to hear UTEOTW again.

It's been good fun, and the most U2 I've listened to in a bit. Thanks for suggesting the idea in the first place. :up:

Also, I wonder - some kind of alternate UF list would surely go down better with you, no? You should one day do a running diary of one of the alternate lists that's been posted. I need to come up with my own alternate UF, a more concise one than the Promenade x2 one that uses every UF-era track.

Penguin armies... nice, like Batman Returns.

I'm running on fumes. Good night, fellas and fellinas. :wave:

It's been good fun, and the most U2 I've listened to in a bit. Thanks for suggesting the idea in the first place. :up:

Also, I wonder - some kind of alternate UF list would surely go down better with you, no? You should one day do a running diary of one of the alternate lists that's been posted. I need to come up with my own alternate UF, a more concise one than the Promenade x2 one that uses every UF-era track.

This is a good opportunity for me to take the initiative and put together an alternate UF that I'm 100% sure I can live with. If I do, you'll be the first to know.

This is a good opportunity for me to take the initiative and put together an alternate UF that I'm 100% sure I can live with. If I do, you'll be the first to know.

That'd be cool - I'd really like to see it, though I can't see you including Bad, which is a terrible shame. :tsk:

That'd be cool - I'd really like to see it, though I can't see you including Bad, which is a terrible shame. :tsk:

No, no, it's a classic no matter what, and a key part of the album's framework.

Plus, a live version would kill the flow. :down:

Fucker. I've lost all my TUF b-sides

I hate you Apple *kicks iPod but not really*

I think I have them on a disc somewhere. If I do, I'll send them by tomorrow. Got to repay you for Born To Run, after all.

I'm into reciprocation. :sexywink:

No, no, it's a classic no matter what, and a key part of the album's framework.

Plus, a live version would kill the flow. :down:

I must admit, I'm not sure quite how the band was meant to replicate the live version's intensity and atmosphere in the studio. It seems to me to be something inextricably tied to the stage.

A pristine soundboard recording with no audience noise would be acceptable though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom