Beer, Devon Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ugh MLK while a good track on its own, is such a let down for me after EPAA

Have I made it clear that I fucking love EPAA?

I'm missing the "Boomerang" tracks and "Bass Trap" so bear with me here:

1. The Three Sunrises
2. Wire
3. Pride
4. Indian Summer Sky
5. The Unforgettable Fire
6. MLK
7. Bad
8. Promenade
9. Love Comes Tumbling
10. Elvis Presley and America
11. A Sort of Homecoming

I like putting "Elvis" there because it's "Homecoming" backwards, making for a cool transition. I'd probably put one of the missing tracks in the top half, between ISS and the title track.

Ah, that looks pretty cool, though I'd be tempted to swap the order of Wire and Pride. I might just have to give that a try sometime. I'm skeptical of Promenade --> LCT, I must admit.

And I reckon TTS works well as an opener as long as it's followed by either ASOH or Wire.

As for the running diary: MLK is easily the weakest "song" here. It's just UF's live intro to me, really. Though it's a nice note to end the album on too.

And on my playlist right now, I have Bass Trap lined up to follow the album. :drool:

Funny story, once upon a time, I got online after grocery shopping, and my friend Alex immediately IMed me and went:

"Chass! Do you have MLK?!"

And I was like:

"Yeah, I just bought a whole gallon, why o_O"

:lol:

1. A Sort Of Homecoming - New Age bullshit about snow. We knew you were on the stuff, Bono, but you didn't have to write about it/10
2. Pride - Stop trying to be Arcade Fire, you pack of fucks/10
3. Wire - "I'm no dope, I give you hope?" Ugh/10
4. The Unforgettable Fire - This came out in 1984? Why I am I not surprised?/10
5. Promenade - Twinkly/10
6. 4th Of July - ....Where's the song part?/10
7. Bad - /10
8. Indian Summer Sky - No need to be clever here; this song sucks/10
9. Elvis Presley And America - That mess had something to do with Elvis?/10

Ah, that looks pretty cool, though I'd be tempted to swap the order of Wire and Pride. I might just have to give that a try sometime. I'm skeptical of Promenade --> LCT, I must admit.

And I reckon TTS works well as an opener as long as it's followed by either ASOH or Wire.

As for the running diary: MLK is easily the weakest "song" here. It's just UF's live intro to me, really. Though it's a nice note to end the album on too.

And on my playlist right now, I have Bass Trap lined up to follow the album. :drool:

Thanks.

Sunrises -> Pride -> Wire -> Indian sounds extremely cool going into each other. Throw the better Boomerang in there and it'd be great going into the title track.

MLK is interesting to put before or after Bad, I think. Whichever placement you pick gives both songs a different context.

Seriously ElMel, or anyone, WHAT DOES EPAA HAVE TO DO WITH ELVIS?!

I know! They could have picked any celebrity and threw their name in there.

Track 3 of From Boyhood To Manhood Through The Eyes Of Someone Too Old To Remember His Boyhood Well Enough To Realistically Write About It (Africa) = "Chuck Norris And North Korea"

Funny story, once upon a time, I got online after grocery shopping, and my friend Alex immediately IMed me and went:

"Chass! Do you have MLK?!"

And I was like:

"Yeah, I just bought a whole gallon, why o_O"

:lol:

:lmao: That's hilarious.

Sunrises -> Pride -> Wire -> Indian sounds extremely cool going into each other. Throw the better Boomerang in there and it'd be great going into the title track.

Which do you consider to be the better Boomerang? I enjoy them both, for different reasons.

What do you guys think of this change?:

1. Three Sunrises
2. Pride
3. Wire
4. Indian Summer Sky
5. Love Comes Tumbling
6. The Unforgettable Fire
7. MLK
8. Bad
9. Promenade
11. A Sort of Homecoming

I think I like that more.

After the greatness of Bass Trap, I need some of The Shadows' instrumental goodness.

Apache. :drool:

Guys. We ran out of album.

Also, I should go to bed sometime soon :yawn:

Also, LM, when I start my own religion under these principles, you can be my archbishop of awesome :up:

Would it be a religion or denomination? :hmm: Christianity has about 837813758327582465826948652894969528975486 of those, but it could use a 837813758327582465826948652894969528975487th.

1. Three Sunrises
2. Pride
3. Wire
4. Indian Summer Sky
5. Love Comes Tumbling
7. MLK
8. Bad
9. Promenade
11. A Sort of Homecoming

Yeah, I think I prefer that too. Though I'm not 100% on the best place to slot in LCT.

1. Three Sunrises
2. Pride
3. Wire
4. Indian Summer Sky
5. Love Comes Tumbling
7. MLK
8. Bad
9. Promenade
11. A Sort of Homecoming

ISS--->Love Comes Tumbling is really strange. :slant:

I wasn't too impressed with Boomerang (either) at first but they grew on me after awhile. I need to figure out a TUF playlist for myself :hmm:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom