Beer, Devon Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Do any of you guys agree with my assessment of "Ultra Violet" / "Acrobat"?

Oh, and fuck you, "Fix You." If you were a person, I wish you were dead.

ASOH is a fucking miracle of a song. Been listening to it since the day UF was released and I bought it on cassette. Were any of you even born then? I'm old. Fuck. But ASOH is timeless. :drool:

Three years prior to my arrival on Earth, Ax as well I believe. But Chass might've been around :wink:

I would never have guessed you were a fan of ASOH :wink:

Later, Khan. :wave:

I just checked the prices of the remasters of Boy and October and they're damn pricey. I'd get those two and skip War, if anything.

ASOH is a fucking miracle of a song. Been listening to it since the day UF was released and I bought it on cassette. Were any of you even born then? I'm old. Fuck. But ASOH is timeless. :drool:

I was born almost two months before JT came out! :lol:

ASOH is perfection. And I knew you'd show up. :wink:

I'm going to seriously attempt to listen to Pride as if it weren't played at every U2 show...

The guitar is beautiful that's for sure.

I'll probably get all three of them eventually, but maybe Boy last. I only own October on cassette, and I lost War :sad:

1. A Sort Of Homecoming - New Age bullshit about snow. We knew you were on the stuff, Bono, but you didn't have to write about it/10

Pride. They never duplicated this performance. Ever.

I could not possibly:

1) Count how many times I've heard ASOH

2) Explain what I felt the first time I heard it

3) Convey its meaning and importance to me

Just a song and all, I know, but.....yeah.

Ha, indeed it is.

The trip has been amazing so far, everything I would have hoped for and, frankly, needed. Thank you for asking.....

That's great to hear.

Wouldn't it be cool if Gus Johnson narrated your trip, with a glass of powerjuice at his side? That would fucking own. I wish he'd narrate my life, actually. He and Morgan Freeman.

I'm going to seriously attempt to listen to Pride as if it weren't played at every U2 show...

The guitar is beautiful that's for sure.

It makes me feel nostalgic. It reminds me of when I was 12 and the Best Of 1980-1990 was the only U2 CD I had and I'd play Pride and Bad over and over for hours on end.

GOD U2 COULD YOU DROP PRIDE PLEASE. AND ONE. DROP ONE.

But unlike half the fandom, I don't want them to drop Bullet. I love it live.

Also:

Free at last, they took your life
They could not take your PIE!

Pride. They never duplicated this performance. Ever.

1984-08-31, Wellington and the version from the Old Grey Whistle Test in March 1987 are both better than the studio version.

I'm also partial to 1989-12-30, Dublin, but I know it doesn't beat the studio version.

I'm a huge studio Pride fan. I think it's an amazing song and the second guitar solo is magnificent. Axver pointed me towards the only LIVE version I've truly liked, though. Crowd pleaser in person, but not for me. Never has there been a song I liked so much that I disliked LIVE like this.

I could not possibly:

I may not have had the opportunity to hear it the first time it came out back in '84, but that's pretty much how I feel about TUF the song. When I try to explain why I like it I come up empty, and everytime I think I might not actually like it all that much, I listen to it again and forget I ever had such a ridiculous idea.

Hey, Coldplay. We know you want to record your own version of Pride, but please stop trying. You can't. It's unfuckwithable.

I could not possibly:

that's awesome to have such a connection to a song. and that you're having a good trip.

anyway, now i'm out for real. night everyone.

It makes me feel nostalgic. It reminds me of when I was 12 and the Best Of 1980-1990 was the only U2 CD I had and I'd play Pride and Bad over and over for hours on end.

I was just remembering the first time I heard Pride back when I was 13. We were camping and it was under the stars and such :cute:

I'm a huge studio Pride fan. I think it's an amazing song and the second guitar solo is magnificent. Axver pointed me towards the only LIVE version I've truly liked, though. Crowd pleaser in person, but not for me. Never has there been a song I liked so much that I disliked LIVE like this.

I think interference made me hate Pride live more then U2 actually made me hate Pride live, but the hatred's there now.

I felt the same way about this and "Bullet" at my U2 show. The spoken word verse in the middle of that song is my favorite, and instead, I got overwrought political commentary in the form of "Johnny Comes Marching Home Again," terrific.

Later, Khan.

Ashley, yes, it's hard to guess that I like ASOH, just no clues at all. :)

Glad you love UF so much. I do too. Unlike you, though, when it comes to ASOH, I've never once thought that I disliked it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom