Beer, Devon Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ashley, ZooTV Dublin (8/28/93), Stockholm (6/12???/92), and Sydney were my favorite boots, the first two especially.

Stockholm has that awesome extended "I could have lost you..." intro to "Zoo Station" and the best versions of "Ultra Violet" and "With or Without You" (with the verse!) of the entire tour. Dublin just has the best set and overall performances, I think.

1. Zoo Station - Cool intro/10
2. Even Better Than The Real Thing - Better live/10
3. One - Cliche-ridden pus/10
4. Until The End Of The World - Outro makes Chris Martin cry/10

Call me crazy, but I've always preferred the Temple Bar mix of "Wild Horses." The acoustic guitar track really adds something too the song, even if the whole song is mixed way too loud. Funny, since the album cut is too quiet.

Guys, I'm loving all of the samples that have been put up on U2.com. If there's at least one song on there as rocking as "Until the End of the World," that's a good indication of the quality of the album, I think.

This bass one was pretty cool, but the one that's made me the most hopeful is still Edgeback

THE FIRST TIME! :hyper:

God I love this song :love:

The piano! :sad: Jesus, this song might go back to fighting TUF as my favorite song

Don't die after reading that chass :wink:

Ashley, ZooTV Dublin (8/28/93), Stockholm (6/12???/92), and Sydney were my favorite boots, the first two especially.

Stockholm is 1992-06-11. And yeah, it's pretty good. I'll second the Dublin pick too. Any of the Wembley nights shows are worth it too. Bullet on 1993-08-11 is so fucking intense.

Outside, it's America
Yeah, Americaaaa! Where the fuck are you?
United Kingdom! Where the fuck are you?
Fuck you, France!
Fuck you, Germany!
Zoonited Nations! Zoonited Nations!

"The First Time" has some of Bono's best written lyrics and examples of religious symbolism, I think.

He hit a lyrical peak in the '90s that I don't think we'll see again.

Stockholm is 1992-06-11. And yeah, it's pretty good. I'll second the Dublin pick too. Any of the Wembley nights shows are worth it too. Bullet on 1993-08-11 is so fucking intense.

Outside, it's America
Fuck you, France!
Fuck you, Germany!

Oh fuck yes! The quality of those boots aren't too good though, right? At least the one I had.

Stockholm and Dublin are clear as crystal.

Stockholm has that awesome extended "I could have lost you..." intro to "Zoo Station" and the best versions of "Ultra Violet" and "With or Without You" (with the verse!) of the entire tour. Dublin just has the best set and overall performances, I think.

I THINK I have that Stockholm one. And I might have Dublin as well. I'd check but I know it's mixed in with the currently unlabled iPod restore stuff. Is that the show with the B&B of ABBA?

i only got to see the movie once, i forget what song that was during :uhoh:

Bullet?

Okay, wtf. We're a bunch of U2 fans enjoying U2 music together on Interference. What's wrong with us?! We're supposed to be sitting here talking about how much the band sucks :tsk:

If you look closely we're still dissing the songs and loving them at the same time :wink:

Ugh, the mixing of So Cruel is DREADFUL. It's mainly the drums. It's almost watery, like a bad MP3 ... but it sounds like this on the CD!

Plus, the song is just boring anyway, despite having some good lyrics.

I THINK I have that Stockholm one. And I might have Dublin as well. I'd check but I know it's mixed in with the currently unlabled iPod restore stuff. Is that the show with the B&B of ABBA?

I think so. It was the last show of the 4th leg, so I could see them pulling out all of the stops.

Outside, it's America
Fuck you, France!
Fuck you, Germany!
:ohmy: I think I need to hear that!

"The First Time" has some of Bono's best written lyrics and examples of religious symbolism, I think.

He hit a lyrical peak in the '90s that I don't think we'll see again.

When Bono changed the lyrics at the end of TFT in Chicago (I didn't throw away the key) I was curious if maybe that meant something.

These days I think he just forgot the lyrics :sigh:

Ugh, the mixing of So Cruel is DREADFUL. It's mainly the drums. It's almost watery, like a bad MP3 ... but it sounds like this on the CD!

:sad:

1. Zoo Station - Cool intro/10
2. Even Better Than The Real Thing - Better live/10
3. One - Cliche-ridden pus/10
4. Until The End Of The World - Outro makes Chris Martin cry/10
5. Who's Gonna Ride Your Wild Horses - Big dumb pop song about horses; where's Cori when we need her?/10

I've always loved So Cruel's drums. It almost makes the song vaguely danceable. Their quality is debatable, however.

Yeah, it starts to build toward the middle but never hits a climax. That may be intentional due to the subject matter, but it still makes for a frustrating listen.

Oh fuck yes! The quality of those boots aren't too good though, right? At least the one I had.

Stockholm and Dublin are clear as crystal.

Yeah, my main problem is it's too quiet. You really need to crank the volume to get a good effect.

I'd say Dublin is better than Stockholm. The quality of Dublin is just amazing. Easily one of the best U2 boots out there.

I hated So Cruel the first time I heard it. I thought it was slow and boring and too long. Then I got into it and I really like it. It's simple but nice. Reminds me of relationships I've been in. That song could totally be about me.

I think so. It was the last show of the 4th leg, so I could see them pulling out all of the stops.

That's like one of my favorite boots if it's the one I'm talking about

"When I was all fucked up" ~ Ultraviolet :rockon:

Stupid Best of 1990-2000 always making me think TFT is the last track on Zooropa. Dirty Day is great, I haven't heard this in so long, and though the ending is a tad repetitive still :up:

The Wanderer :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom