Beer, Devon Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Khan, I agree with you about "Even Better..." live. I've never liked Bono's delivery in the live versions, or the falsetto "take me higher" lines.

Most, if not all, of the songs from that album are loads better live... especially "Love Is Blindness," holy fucking shit. The live version gives me chills.

I'd have said "mel-bun"... but the last vowel is swallowed pretty much out of existence. "Mel-b'n"...?
taht's how kenny boy ssays s =it.
kennyeht is a guy at my work form australian who I get crays rapist stalker vibe of fos. No ide awhy.

God, you suck, One. Shut up, Bono, with your faux-emotional delivery and dumb cliches. Luuuuhhhvvv the hiiiighuuuh laaaawwwwww.

Do you hear him coming, Lord
Do you hear us call
You hear us knocking
We’re knocking at your door

Better?

I'd have said "mel-bun"... but the last vowel is swallowed pretty much out of existence. "Mel-b'n"...?

Yeah, Mel-bun or Mel-b'n might be better. Either way, it sure as hell isn't 'bourne'!

I've never quite understood, though, why it's only Americans who get Melbourne's name wrong and emphasise the 'r'. You don't hear Kiwis or South Africans or Poms or anyone doing it.

awesome! :hi5: but wow, you prefer bullet studio? i don't know if i've ever heard of that :hmm:
I liek ratel and humbuttle the blu sky.
bono didn't do silly shit during aht oen liek mike stand eteonoator shit liek in u2 3d. stupi d shit liek taht pisses me off.

Khan, I agree with you about "Even Better..." live. I've never liked Bono's delivery in the live versions, or the falsetto "take me higher" lines.

Most, if not all, of the songs from that album are loads better live... especially "Love Is Blindness," holy fucking shit. The live version gives me chills.
:love:

and agreed about lib live. the studio version is good, but the live is awesome.

Yeah, Mel-bun or Mel-b'n might be better. Either way, it sure as hell isn't 'bourne'!

I've never quite understood, though, why it's only Americans who get Melbourne's name wrong and emphasise the 'r'. You don't hear Kiwis or South Africans or Poms or anyone doing it.

There's a Melbourne, Florida, too.

It's the "bourne" in Melbourne that does it.

I've loved this song since I was practically a fetus. And it has aged well. :drool:

Shame the mixing falls over on the final stretch. This is only sounding somewhat acceptable because I've seriously turned up the volume. If you just have it on a normal volume, it's far too indistinct to be of any worth.

WHAT.

The studio version is utter shit compared to the ZooTV version. God, it rocks so hard, and Edge's solo is amazing. It doesn't rock nearly hardly enough in the studio.

I saw this coming. Yeah I don't understand either.

awesome! :hi5: but wow, you prefer bullet studio? i don't know if i've ever heard of that :hmm:

See above :wink:

I feel the same way about the "Shine like stars" verse tacked onto "With or Without You."

Pretty much I feel like the extra bit in One, and Shine Like Stars are necessities, but it feels like he's been pulling them out less often? Maybe I just have terrible luck when downloading bootlegs :shrug:

bono didn't do silly shit during aht oen liek mike stand eteonoator shit liek in u2 3d. stupi d shit liek taht pisses me off.
eteonoator? :hmm:

whichever song it was where they tried to call back to zoo tv by having words across the screen pissed me off. the fly? it was distracting. and unoriginal.

Oh, that shit just makes me laugh! Give us a break, Bono. Do you think we're all thick people who need things spelt out? :lol:

Guys, I'm loving all of the samples that have been put up on U2.com. If there's at least one song on there as rocking as "Until the End of the World," that's a good indication of the quality of the album, I think.

whichever song it was where they tried to call back to zoo tv by having words across the screen pissed me off. the fly? it was distracting. and unoriginal.
i'm pretty sire I meant detonaotr. I typed taht carefully. tehre ya go. still stupid shit I wante dto smack B half way thru

Shame the mixing falls over on the final stretch. This is only sounding somewhat acceptable because I've seriously turned up the volume. If you just have it on a normal volume, it's far too indistinct to be of any worth.

I agree about the outro. Quite disappointing after such a brilliant...everything else.

WGRYWH...here's a song that's really grown on me. I fucking hated this song when I was younger.

UGH YES!
I kept waiting for it to show the words the right way, and it just kept putting up that shit :sigh:

That was the only thing my mom complained about after it was over too, so it's not just the die hards

and we amerricans like our rrrrrrrrrrrs!

Farrrrrrrr too much!

I like WGRYWH's intro. It's got some dumb lyrics at points, but it's not a bad song. And it was fucking awesome when they brought it back in Boston at the third show I saw.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom