Beer, Devon Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I've never figured out why, but when I first got that album (in 8th grade) I always skipped Zoo Station. I think I really heard it again for the first time last time I listened to the album (last year) I think it freaked me out a bit as well :huh:
:hmm: i always skipped one :lol: even when i first got the cassette.

as for U2 songs that freaked me out initially, i'll confess. for me, it's an cat dubh. the first time i played boy, i was home alone. it was late (like 7-8 pm). it was dark (no, really?!). i heard the opening chord and i was like :yikes:

1. Zoo Station - 8.8898988888989898989999991/10
2. Even Better Than The Real Thing - Better Live/10

I expect Axver to inconspicuously disappear shortly.

Well, yeah. All of these songs are about 1/30th as good in the studio. An unfortunate flaw most U2 albums carry.

At least the guitar in EBTTRT is mixed better than the guitar in Zoo Station.

God, One, could you be any more cliche and living in WOWY's shadow?

Forget the 'r'. Americans love 'r' too much. The correct pronunciation of Melbourne (as in not just the correct pronunciation of my Melbourne, but the original Melbourne in Derbyshire) is Mel-bin.
die.gif

:hmm: i always skipped one :lol: even when i first got the cassette.

as for U2 songs that freaked me out initially, i'll confess. for me, it's an cat dubh. the first time i played boy, i was home alone. it was late (like 7-8 pm). it was dark (no, really?!). i heard the opening chord and i was like :yikes:

:lmao:

God I love the Yikes face :lol:

For the sake of argument, I quite like One's lyrics. They nudge right up against cliche, but manage to twist things around to make itself so much more tolerable.

I love Bono ripping his throat out for the LOOOOOOOOOOOOVE IS A TEMPLE parts.

I think "With or Without You" is more cliched in its subject matter, but its simplicity sticks with you, you know?

"One" is one of those universal songs that can be applied to anything and has enough quality lines and emotion to get to a lot of people. I've always loved this song, but can see why some don't like it.

Ashley, it's Jemaine as Bowie from Flight of the Conchords.

God, you suck, One. Shut up, Bono, with your faux-emotional delivery and dumb cliches. Luuuuhhhvvv the hiiiighuuuh laaaawwwwww.

You've got a headfull of traffic
You're a siren song
You cry for mama
But daddy's right along
He gives you the keys
To a flaming car
Daddy's with you wherever you are

(HUH!)

Daddy's a comfort
Daddy's your best friend
Daddy'll hold your hand right up to the end

:love: this song

I dont' know but daddy's right along. He gives you the keys to a flaming car, daddy's with you wherever you are.
m ydad's a drag queen whio left us when I was 15 adn who i haven' talked to sicn emt 18th bitrhtdy so =fuck him.

One really fails to reach any kind of climax due to the lack of the "do you hear us coming?" verse.

Fuck yes, UTEOTW time.

i can't liiiiiiiiiiiiiveeeeee with or withoooooout yooooooou...because we've got one love, one blood...one of a bunch of other things too

ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh...ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh...hiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii

Forget the 'r'. Americans love 'r' too much. The correct pronunciation of Melbourne (as in not just the correct pronunciation of my Melbourne, but the original Melbourne in Derbyshire) is Mel-bin.

I'd have said "mel-bun"... but the last vowel is swallowed pretty much out of existence. "Mel-b'n"...?

1. Zoo Station - 8.8898988888989898989999991/10
2. Even Better Than The Real Thing - Better Live/10
3. One - Cliche-ridden Pus/10

Is it just me, or does Achtung Baby feature the consistently coolest-sounding intros known to man? UTEOTW :rockon:

lemon macphisto's back,. aka you little bastard oe old gregg imperosnaotr,

maybe I could be better typign with my bbobos.

Ashley, it's Jemaine as Bowie from Flight of the Conchords.

Oh man! I know I watched that segment once, but I must not have been paying attention
*adds Flight of the Conchords to summer time shopping list* I really need to get ahold of this show

I hated Bullet until I finally heard the studio version for the same reason. It doesn't feel the same to me live :sigh:

WHAT.

The studio version is utter shit compared to the ZooTV version. God, it rocks so hard, and Edge's solo is amazing. It doesn't rock nearly hardly enough in the studio.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom