Beer, Devon Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
ym bro loves teh zoo staTIAON.D
ITS' LIEK HIS ONLY U2 SONGS. HE AHTES EVERYTING ESLE o PLAY.

wHOA PCAPS LOCK AAGAIN/

This sounds like material for a "my brother.." thread, though I'm not sure you're familiar with that joke.

I can see why this song was unsettling to me at age 11 (5 days ago).

Even after 150 plays, it still feels strange. But Bono saves it, IMO. The lyrics resound with me.

I can see why this song was unsettling to me at age 11 (5 days ago).

Even after 150 plays, it still feels strange. But Bono saves it, IMO. The lyrics resound with me.

I've never figured out why, but when I first got that album (in 8th grade) I always skipped Zoo Station. I think I really heard it again for the first time last time I listened to the album (last year) I think it freaked me out a bit as well :huh:

But that also might have something to do with the fact that I used to listen to Achtung Baby all the time while I was a stage hand during this play (back in 8th grade) and people would tell me stories about the auditorium being haunted, so now Achtung Baby just reminds me of those days in the haunted auditorium.

Not exactly the best music to listen to if you're freaked out. Especially Horses :yikes:

ZOO STATIONS HAS THE WORS TABSS LIEN THO DOESN' TFIT.

:hmm: i don't know how others pronounce, it's been a long time since i lived in the area. but i've always pronounced it mel-burn.

Forget the 'r'. Americans love 'r' too much. The correct pronunciation of Melbourne (as in not just the correct pronunciation of my Melbourne, but the original Melbourne in Derbyshire) is Mel-bin.

Eh, it's more rockin' live.

The lyrics hold this song back.

I agree with you on this one too :reject:

I pointed out in a thread once that the 2nd track on all three of the 90s albums were about practically the same thing, and I dislike all three of them pretty much equally

"Take me higher"s...better live or in the studio? They sound great shouted, but the falsetto is so sleazy.

Ooooohhooooo

Ooooohhooooo

Ooooohhooooo

3 o'clock in the morning
It's quiet and there's no one around
Just the bang and the clatter as an angel runs to ground
Just the bang and the clatter as an angel hits the ground *cymbal*

"Zoo Station" is groovetastic. So groovetastic that Keane ripped part of it off in "Is It Any Wonder?" along with Achtung's next track.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom