Beer, Devon Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I've written so much, yet I think I have just one complete draft to show for it. Usually I'll hit halfway, decide it needs a major revision, start again, get two thirds of the way, decide it needs a major revision, start again, forget about it ... :|

I hear that. One of the reasons I wanted to hand-write this thing was because I knew that if I wrote it on the computer I'd a) never get anything done thanks to this damned place; and b) would constantly revise every single day I sat down.

Once I put it into electronic copy, I'll probably do some editing, but that might be it.

Can I share something awesome that I'm really proud of?

Too bad, I'm gonna do it anyway!

Today I finished my (shitty, ridiculous) first draft of my very first novel! It only took me a year and a half because I'm woefully lazy and undisciplined.

But it's DONE. I probably won't even ever go back and make revisions, as my goal was just to write something complete. It's DONE.

WHOOT.

that's awesome!!!! congrats :hi5:

i am drunk textign my friends
Derek is awesome. O ;love tat kids.

Don't worry, it gets better after your first time

:shifty:

Okay, I'm really going to bed now

:lmao:

G'night! :wave:

Is this one worth it?

Eh, not really, especially not the second half, but the first half has some moderately interesting bass playing from Adam that doesn't happen to involve watching his shoes or Evian product placement or anything dumb like that.

I was kind of drunk last night after dinner, but I paid for it today, both with the congestion brought on by the wine, and the little sleep I got thanks to the enormous gutache I got as soon as I went to bed (likely from all the salsa and guacamole I ate at dinner, not the booze).

I hear that. One of the reasons I wanted to hand-write this thing was because I knew that if I wrote it on the computer I'd a) never get anything done thanks to this damned place; and b) would constantly revise every single day I sat down.

Once I put it into electronic copy, I'll probably do some editing, but that might be it.

See, I find I make even less progress by hand. I get plenty of inspiration from going outside and sitting somewhere nice to write, but it's negated by the fact I write slower than I type, and even my typing is sometimes frustratingly slow when ideas are flowing well.

But yeah, being online is damn distracting. I remember when I got broadband, I thought it'd be great for my writing. Instead of losing a few hours just focusing on the Internet like I did on dialup, as I didn't want to waste my online time, I thought I could just flick between the two at my leisure and get lots done!

Ha ... ha ... ha ...

I've been toying with the idea of getting a cheap, used laptop and just using it for word processing. Then I could be portable with my writing without getting constant writing cramps (yesterday I wrote for about 4 hours and thought my hand was going to fall off), and not be tempted with the internet.

And then I start thinking, "Well, if you're going to get a laptop, you might as well get everything on it you'd want in a regular computer...."

I don't think it will be a bad thing if I never get drunk in my life... or at least, if I never have a hangover in my life.

I'm probably not a genetic freak like some people in here :D

I remember in one thread, it was decided that I'm meant to get you drunk during the next U2 tour to persuade you to dress up as Adam! :lol:

If only you liked wine. I've about 1.5 bottles of the stuff lying around here.
:yuck: I'd probably have to be already drunk to be able to drink wine. Unless it was that very sweet dessert wine these people in Scotland gave me, but I'm guessing that stuff's not cheap. :lol:

Soo guess who almost died today from an astma attack...:wave:
Ye gods... ! :hug: Glad you're okay!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom