Beer, Devon Superthread - Page 62 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 07-12-2008, 05:20 AM   #916
Vocal parasite

Local Time: 05:12 PM
I can't remember which Backmask U2 thing it is, but there was one I enjoyed a fair bit.

Personally, though, the best of the Axtung Beibi outtakes is, without a doubt, Take You Down. What a fucking great track that is.

Ian McCulloch the U2 fan:
"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."
"And as for Bono, he needs a colostomy bag for his mouth."

U2gigs: The most comprehensive U2 setlist database!
Gig pictures | Blog
Old 07-12-2008, 05:20 AM   #917
Blue Crack Distributor

Local Time: 10:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Axver View Post
Heh, yeah, and the Elevation UTEOTW fights were classic.

I don't think lyrics alone can save a song that's 1. musically dull, 2. badly mixed and 3. sung like some terribly overwrought sentimental number.
The fights are made even better when Bono falls off the stage (I hope he's ok)

yeah yeah yeah

I fucking Hate Mysterious Ways

Old 07-12-2008, 05:21 AM   #918
Blue Crack Addict

Location: Omaha, Nebraska “With Screwtape on Kettle Drum and Wormwood on Harpsichord!”
Local Time: 01:12 AM
I know people won't agree but I think my favorite version of The Fly including all the live versions is The Lounge Fly Mix. It is all about the fat lady.
Old 07-12-2008, 05:22 AM   #919
Blue Crack Distributor

Man maybe this is the night I get back into U2....First I was able to enjoy Pride, now I'm actually enjoying MW...I think I just needed a LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONG Break...which U2 have definitely given me ( )
Old 07-12-2008, 05:22 AM   #920
Blue Crack Distributor

Quote:
I can't remember which Backmask U2 thing it is, but there was one I enjoyed a fair bit.

Personally, though, the best of the Axtung Beibi outtakes is, without a doubt, Take You Down. What a fucking great track that is.
I need to find a download for Axtung, or at the very least, choice material from it. But not now...I'm just getting back into the U2 groove. Don't wanna overwhelm myself
Old 07-12-2008, 05:23 AM   #921
Blue Crack Addict

Location: Omaha, Nebraska “With Screwtape on Kettle Drum and Wormwood on Harpsichord!”
The best thing about Mysterious Ways is the exotic feeling to the song and Edge's guitar solo. I just love it.
Old 07-12-2008, 05:24 AM   #922
Vocal parasite

Quote:
Originally Posted by bono_212 View Post
The fights are made even better when Bono falls off the stage (I hope he's ok)

yeah yeah yeah

I fucking Hate Mysterious Ways
God, that's classic.

What do you have against MW? (Ali's going to kill you.)

"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 07-12-2008, 05:26 AM   #923
Vocal parasite

Believe it or not, I've never heard The Lounge Fly Mix.

Quote:
I need to find a download for Axtung, or at the very least, choice material from it. But not now...I'm just getting back into the U2 groove. Don't wanna overwhelm myself
Yeah, the whole of Axtung is a waste of time. But a good one disc summary would be quite worth your time. Take You Down, I Feel Free, the Acrobat demo, instrumental EBTTRT - quality stuff.

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 07-12-2008, 05:28 AM   #924
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
I'm like 95% sure you'd hate it so that might not be a bad thing.
Old 07-12-2008, 05:28 AM   #925
Vocal parasite

Quote:
Man maybe this is the night I get back into U2....First I was able to enjoy Pride, now I'm actually enjoying MW...I think I just needed a LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONG Break...which U2 have definitely given me ( )

Yeah, given how long U2 take to make albums these days, a long break is pretty easy to take.

I can't believe we've had two Porcupine Tree albums, an EP, a few more b-sides/rarities, two world tours, and two live albums between HTDAAB and the next album. Oh, and before the new U2 album comes out, PT will play another show for a live album, though I imagine the album itself won't come out until next year.

(I should point out here that besides PT, between HTDAAB and the new U2 album, Steven Wilson has also released a studio album and a live album with Blackfield, an album with No-Man, an album with Bass Communion, and probably other stuff I'm forgetting.)

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 07-12-2008, 05:28 AM   #926
Blue Crack Distributor

Quote:
God, that's classic.

What do you have against MW? (Ali's going to kill you.)
I think it's a rebellious teenager thing. MW and Pride are mom's two favorite U2 songs. MW and Pride are, incidentally two of my least favorite U2 songs. Add to that that I hear those two songs on the radio ALLLL the time. And MW has been on a CD at work. It all equals satan.

As for the song itself, I'm not a big fan of the exotic feel myself. That's why I freaked out when I heard Moroccan influences. I'm still worried, but not so much now that we've heard some clips and such. Lyrically, it's only a little better than average.

TTTYAATW is such a hit or miss song for me. Sometimes, like right now, I really like it. Other times I realize the lyrics kinda suck. However, I will always love the "Oh, and you just gotta s-, you just gotta make your faith sing..." part.
Old 07-12-2008, 05:30 AM   #927
Blue Crack Distributor

Quote:

Yeah, given how long U2 take to make albums these days, a long break is pretty easy to take.

I can't believe we've had two Porcupine Tree albums, an EP, a few more b-sides/rarities, two world tours, and two live albums between HTDAAB and the next album. Oh, and before the new U2 album comes out, PT will play another show for a live album, though I imagine the album itself won't come out until next year.

(I should point out here that besides PT, between HTDAAB and the new U2 album, Steven Wilson has also released a studio album and a live album with Blackfield, an album with No-Man, an album with Bass Communion, and probably other stuff I'm forgetting.)
I'd have to check the dates, and whether or not they're actually about to release another album or not, but if The Killers release an album this fall, I think they will have released 3 albums, and completely existed during the space between Bomb and This Album
Old 07-12-2008, 05:31 AM   #928
Blue Crack Distributor

God, I dont' care who disagrees, I love the second half of Baby SOOO much. ESPECIALLY! Ultraviolet
Old 07-12-2008, 05:31 AM   #929
Vocal parasite

Quote:
I think it's a rebellious teenager thing. MW and Pride are mom's two favorite U2 songs. MW and Pride are, incidentally two of my least favorite U2 songs. Add to that that I hear those two songs on the radio ALLLL the time. And MW has been on a CD at work. It all equals satan.

As for the song itself, I'm not a big fan of the exotic feel myself. That's why I freaked out when I heard Moroccan influences. I'm still worried, but not so much now that we've heard some clips and such. Lyrically, it's only a little better than average.

TTTYAATW is such a hit or miss song for me. Sometimes, like right now, I really like it. Other times I realize the lyrics kinda suck. However, I will always love the "Oh, and you just gotta s-, you just gotta make your faith sing..." part.
Hah, my mother loves MW a lot too. How old is your mother? I have a theory that any woman who was in her early 30s at the start of the 1990s loves MW. I just find MW studio to be pathetically weak compared to the live versions, and Edge's guitar tone has always been better live. It sounds a bit ... muffled, I guess, in the studio.

... wait, that's a line in TTTYAATW? I don't recognise it at all.

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 07-12-2008, 05:32 AM   #930
Blue Crack Distributor

Quote:

Yeah, the whole of Axtung is a waste of time. But a good one disc summary would be quite worth your time. Take You Down, I Feel Free, the Acrobat demo, instrumental EBTTRT - quality stuff.
When I feel the moment is right, I will hunt this down.

Tags
superthread