Beer, Devon Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
:sigh: the lone track on TUF that I really don't care much for

and why did someone randomly turn the volume up?

Snap out of it :wink:

I took my Harry Potter book to church with me. I was such a rebel :lol:

Harry Potter was a non-U2 based thing effected by it.

I don't remember when exactly I realized God wasn't going to strike me down for listening to U2 and reading Harry Potter, but life got much better after that.

Oh man, I love ISS. It has a cool dark vibe, but in a rather different and more atmospheric than bleak manner to Wire.

Oh okay, makes total sense. I love "Promenade," too. I would've been cool if they did a intro and outro versions of that song to keep that placement.

I usually put "MLK" before "Bad" and "Promenade" after, then "Love Comes Tumbling" as the penultimate track before "A Sort of Homecoming."

ASOH as the closer? Now that's an interesting idea.

WHY! isn't Love Comes Tumbling somewhere on this album? :sigh:

I take it back, I like ISS a lot, it's just the intro that turns me off

Didn't bother with the segueing, but my UF would look something like this:

1. MLK/Homecoming
2. Pride
3. Wire
4. UF
5. Bass Trap
6. Promenade
7. Love Comes Tumbling
8. Boomerang II
9. Elvis Presley And America (edited to about 3.5 minutes)
10. Bad

Harry Potter was a non-U2 based thing effected by it.

I don't remember when exactly I realized God wasn't going to strike me down for listening to U2 and reading Harry Potter, but life got much better after that.
2 Corinthians 12:9 :wink:

Also: ISS just doesn't go anywhere for me. I've tried to get into it, and there's really nothing specific about it that I don't like about it, it just doesn't grab me at all. I don't even really know any lyrics to it, the only part I can sing along to is "Skyyyyyy, it's a blue skyyyyyyyy" :lol:

1. A Sort Of Homecoming - New Age bullshit about snow. We knew you were on the stuff, Bono, but you didn't have to write about it/10
2. Pride - Stop trying to be Arcade Fire, you pack of fucks/10
3. Wire - "I'm no dope, I give you hope?" Ugh/10
4. The Unforgettable Fire - This came out in 1984? Why I am I not surprised?/10
5. Promenade - Twinkly/10
6. 4th Of July - ....Where's the song part?/10
7. Bad - :yawn:/10

2 Corinthians 12:9 :wink:

Also: ISS just doesn't go anywhere for me. I've tried to get into it, and there's really nothing specific about it that I don't like about it, it just doesn't grab me at all. I don't even really know any lyrics to it, the only part I can sing along to is "Skyyyyyy, it's a blue skyyyyyyyy" :lol:

I find I skip it because of the beginning more often than not

I don't mind being the only advocate for the next track :wink:

WHY! isn't Love Comes Tumbling somewhere on this album? :sigh:

I take it back, I like ISS a lot, it's just the intro that turns me off

I've always been surprised that people here seem more fond of LCT than TTS. LCT has grown on me a lot the last couple of years, but TTS has always been a firm favourite of mine and I think it should have opened UF.

1. A Sort Of Homecoming - New Age bullshit about snow. We knew you were on the stuff, Bono, but you didn't have to write about it/10
2. Pride - Stop trying to be Arcade Fire, you pack of fucks/10
3. Wire - "I'm no dope, I give you hope?" Ugh/10
4. The Unforgettable Fire - This came out in 1984? Why I am I not surprised?/10
5. Promenade - Twinkly/10
6. 4th Of July - ....Where's the song part?/10
7. Bad - :yawn:/10
8. Indian Summer Sky - No need to be clever here; this song sucks/10

EPAA for the win, though it does meander a bit here at the start.

Never understood why some people hate it so much, though. It's an interesting track.

I've always been surprised that people here seem more fond of LCT than TTS. LCT has grown on me a lot the last couple of years, but TTS has always been a firm favourite of mine and I think it should have opened UF.

I've only heard TTS twice, as I've yet to import my TUF single to my computer, so I can't really remember how the song goes :reject:

GOD U2 WHY. WHY.

This is why I hate Brian Eno, folks. THIS IS HIS FAULT.

shut your face or I'm going to betch slap you ya shetbag

I'm missing the "Boomerang" tracks and "Bass Trap" so bear with me here:

1. The Three Sunrises
2. Wire
3. Pride
4. Indian Summer Sky
5. The Unforgettable Fire
6. MLK
7. Bad
8. Promenade
9. Love Comes Tumbling
10. Elvis Presley and America
11. A Sort of Homecoming

I like putting "Elvis" there because it's "Homecoming" backwards, making for a cool transition. I'd probably put one of the missing tracks in the top half, between ISS and the title track.

EPAA for the win, though it does meander a bit here at the start.

Never understood why some people hate it so much, though. It's an interesting track.

Seriously! once it gets started it's frickin' brilliant, and has some of my favorite lyrics in it:

"Me I'm on the outside tell me fade away"

And the ending!:

You say go, you live
Go live outside of me
Don't you leave
Don't leave out part of me
Then I can feel
Like I feel before
Like it hurt now
And I see the floor
If you pick me up
Bits and pieces on this floor

Well played. :up:
I base my life on that verse. I feel that the whole 'guilt' thing and striving to live as holy as possible and hating yourself for sinning and constantly repenting really really undermines the concept of grace. What the fuck did Jesus die for if not to give us grace? In the old covenant people had to sacrifice animals (doves or whatever) to repent of their sins. Jesus was supposed to be the ultimate sacrifice to do away with that and give us grace. And yet the church is out there insinuating that that wasn't enough. That if we so much as commit one tiny sin, we're gonna go to hell. WTF CHURCH?!

I base my life on that verse. I feel that the whole 'guilt' thing and striving to live as holy as possible and hating yourself for sinning and constantly repenting really really undermines the concept of grace. What the fuck did Jesus die for if not to give us grace? In the old covenant people had to sacrifice animals (doves or whatever) to repent of their sins. Jesus was supposed to be the ultimate sacrifice to do away with that and give us grace. And yet the church is out there insinuating that that wasn't enough. That if we so much as commit one tiny sin, we're gonna go to hell. WTF CHURCH?!

Yeah, when all of this finally got through my thick skull life has been a happier and more fulfilling place

Hey Chass...stay safe above B-side :wink:

"Elvis" is the closest Bono's gotten to making up Thom Yorke-esque lyrics, I kind of dig it for that reason.

:love:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom