Beepers/Pagers

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

She Is Raging

Refugee
Does anyone else hate these things as much as I do? I've been at work for four and a half hours now, and the stupid thing has been going off non-stop... I'm ready to SMASH the stupid thing into smithereens. I cant believe that I voluntarily carried one of these things around when I was a teenager...

------------------

Say Goodbye, Don't Follow.

Rest in Peace Layne.

*BC wishes she was important enough to require a pager!*
biggrin.gif

*drgn is annoyed by pagers*

if you don't mind me saying, this is a really odd way for you guys to go about posting!

------------------
I'm not living
I'm just killing time

BC... I'll gladly give you mine, I feel like I'm going to tip over with this stupid thing hanging off the front of my scrubs. Consider yourself lucky! If I have to go to another delievery today I'll shoot myself, it still grosses me out to this day!
biggrin.gif

------------------

Rest in Peace Layne.

I never understood beepers. Yeah great- you know that someone wants you to call. What if you're not near a phone? Then what? Why don't people just cary cell phones that are set to silent or vibrate?

well i have an email pager and it never stops going off. 95% of the messages aren't specific to me cause i am a lowly student in the org but there's always that one so i need to keep checking...

i also got my car half destroyed a couple of weeks ago by a twerp who was reading his email on his pager. when he saw i had the same one, he figured i wouldn't be mad...

[This message has been edited by kobayashi (edited 05-21-2002).]

I have a pager for work as well and it is always giving me stupid alerts and the price of tea in china.

------------------
When life hands you a lemon, say "Oh yeah, I like lemons. What else you got?" --Henry Rollins

I hate beepers and pagers so much that I even hate things affiliated with them.....such as this topic. What am I even doing here??? gah!

Originally posted by Peaseblossom:
I never understood beepers. Yeah great- you know that someone wants you to call. What if you're not near a phone? Then what? Why don't people just cary cell phones that are set to silent or vibrate?

It would make sense in some situations, but I work in an ICU where phones are not allowed, something about them (I'm not sure what exactly) that can interfere with the functions of the machinery in here... hence beepers.

------------------

Rest in Peace Layne.

Originally posted by She ls Raging:
It would make sense in some situations, but I work in an ICU where phones are not allowed, something about them (I'm not sure what exactly) that can interfere with the functions of the machinery in here... hence beepers.

Yeah, I used to work in the IT department at a large children?s hospital and whenever we had to work on something down in the NICU or PICU we had to turn off our cell phones. The signals can interfere with the special equipment down there.

I always set my pager to vibrate. Beeping noises are just TOO annoying. Now that I only have a cell phone and since it?s really my only personal line (I live in a house with some other people and since I don?t pay rent...ie. They are just being nice to let me stay with them...so I don?t like to give out their home number) I get a lot of junk calls on it. Somehow the number has been sold to at least a few telemarketers.
mad.gif
However, whenever they call, I icily inform them that this is ?not a good time? and that they have reached ?my cell phone? which usually makes them back off pretty fast.
tongue.gif

Originally posted by Nikolaas:
I hate beepers and pagers so much that I even hate things affiliated with them.....such as this topic. What am I even doing here??? gah!

Buh bye now.

I have it on silent today... I just nearly fall off my chair now since it scares me whenever it goes off!

------------------

Rest in Peace Layne.

Ok... It was an accident but I just flushed my beeper down the toilet!!
icon33.gif

No one is going to believe me that this was unintentional!! I had it clipped to the front of my scrub shirt, and when I leaned over to get paper towels... there it went!

But alas... they gave me another one already
mad.gif

------------------

Rest in Peace Layne.

Back
Top Bottom