Been a long time been a long time

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

U2Kitten

Blue Crack Addict
been a long lonely lonely lonely lonely time since I've seen a new pic of Jimmy Page! Here he is today at a pre-Grammy party thrown by Clive Davis.

capt.cjp10202130633.davis_pre_grammy_party_cjp102.jpg

zepflash.gif

is the mighty Zep up for anything tonight, lifetime achievement maybe?

They just now got a Lifetime achievement award? About damn time!

Hard to believe we have NO more Zep fans here? :confused:

oi, whaddya mean no Led Zeppelin fans? I take offense to that notion. :madspit:

I like that .gif by the way

I liked how they showed Jimmy after that lame 'tribute to southern rock' thing, and he had a kind of look on his face like "you all suck at guitar". It was rad.

It is about time the Zeppelin won something. I think in the music industry, they are one of the most underated. They deserve so much more.

I was disappointed that there was no tribute. Probably would have complained about how much it sucked if there was one though.

Who was saying no Zeppelin fans?

:sexywink:

:confused:
Is it true last night was their first ever Grammy? I thought they'd have a bunch of them by now...

When they showed Mr. Page last night, all I could think of was what they did to their groupies.

I love me some Zep.

I'm very very disappointed there was no Zeppelin tribute. That would have brought the house down. Surely they could have cut down the Black Eyed Peas' 5 billion performances in the beginning (or hell the whole mash-up wannabe intro to the Grammys) to make room for it. :rant:

HelloAngel said:
I'm very very disappointed there was no Zeppelin tribute. That would have brought the house down. Surely they could have cut down the Black Eyed Peas' 5 billion performances in the beginning (or hell the whole mash-up wannabe intro to the Grammys) to make room for it. :rant:

:up:

U2girl said:
:confused:
Is it true last night was their first ever Grammy? I thought they'd have a bunch of them by now...

Yeah, sadly they were ignored in their heyday while the likes of Helen Reddy and Captain and Tenille won :sigh: I think in those days the Grammy board were a bunch of fogeys who hated 'hippies' or something. The Who never won one either, I think they too recently got a lifetime achievement?

RA-D said:
Where Mr Plant and Mr Jones anywhere in the vicinity?

Jones yes, Plant no. I wonder why? :(

I also agree they should have been honored in a live broadcast and a bigger deal should have been made of it, history of their career, etc.

I am glad to see some Zep fans showed up!

Was anyone else dissapointed that eventhough it was the 50th aniversary of rock, that the only sort of "tribute" was for southern rock. They had 3 tributes to Ray Charles last night, sure the man is a legend but 3?

I am a Zep fan, and damn proud of it I might add. They had the members there, the least they could have done was have some sort of all star guitar rock off thing like they had for the southern rock stars. Everyone playing classic Zep tunes, then out walks Jimmy Page, John Paul Jones, and Robert Plant to show them how it's done.

Now I've gone and worked myself up. I now have to watch the Led Zeppelin DVD....God I love those discs!

mysticchild said:
It is about time the Zeppelin won something. I think in the music industry, they are one of the most underated. They deserve so much more.

They make up for by being the third best selling musical act of all time ;-)

I do in fact love Led Zeppelin. Who could have really been part of the tribute though? Hmmm... Well, Jack White was in the house, so that's a start.

Jesus, wasn't massacring the Beatles enough for one night? The problem with tributes is that the tributers suck compared to the tributees.

I adore the Zep's. Four greatest musicians put together = Led Zeppelin! :wink:
:drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: ...

(remember U2 started because of them, too!)

They could have just had Jimmy Page on stage by himself for 10 mins and a lot of people would have been very happy.

Back
Top Bottom