Bedouin Soundclash cover of New Years Day

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

U2 Beginner

New Yorker
First of all, I would like to ask who is Bedouin Soundclash? I heard their cover of U2's New Years Day on The Amp (UK). Has anyone heard this? If so what do you think of it. IMO, it is no where near as good as the original!!:tsk:

they played it when i saw them last summer.

a successful re-imagination of a rock n roll song by a ska/dub band. in that sense, you can't compare it to the original because musically they're too different. i thought it worked, and i thought it sounded pretty good.

you can also consult this link (found in the band index):
http://forum.interference.com/out.php?http://forum.interference.com/t134394.html

Last edited:
Oh, revolting. :barf: New Year's Day and The Guns Of Brixton put through a ska filter. I really don't like ska. If you like that genre, you might like this...

GibsonGirl said:
Oh, revolting. :barf: New Year's Day and The Guns Of Brixton put through a ska filter. I really don't like ska. If you like that genre, you might like this...

paul simonon was heavily influenced by jamaican music. it makes a great deal of sense for the guns of brixton to be played like that. :eyebrow:

IWasBored said:

paul simonon was heavily influenced by jamaican music.

Oh, I know that. I'm a big fan of The Clash. But while it might make sense for Guns Of Brixton to be played like it is on this track, it just doesn't sound good (to me.)

Please, Lord, don't let Bedouin Soundclash touch anything written by The Police.

GibsonGirl said:

Oh, I know that. I'm a big fan of The Clash. But while it might make sense for Guns Of Brixton to be played like it is on this track, it just doesn't sound good (to me.)

Please, Lord, don't let Bedouin Soundclash touch anything written by The Police.

:shrug: i like it.

yeah, please don't let them touch anything by the police. the police were terrible. :wink:

I actually really like their version, and I agree you shouldn't compare it to the original since musically it's very distinct. But it does work especially when they add a little bit of the Specials' "A Message to You Rudy" in there.

Guns of Brixton works well thematically as well.

or police and theives :up:

p&t has never been one of my favorite songs. i usually skip it when i listen to the s/t clash album. but it sounds good in the medley BC do.

p&t, s/t, BC - that's got to be the laziest thing i've ever posted.

Back
Top Bottom