Bedouin SoundClash

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
:bump:

As is the fate of all my threads, this went no-where so I'll just keep talking to myself. I just got their 2nd album "Sounding A Mosaic" and I have to say it's excellent.

"Living In Jungles" and "Immigrant Workforce" are easily two of my favourites on there. Also, I've heard great reviews of their live act, which includes, decent covers of "Guns of Brixton", "White Man in Hammersmith" and "Johnny Appleseed" just to name a few.

I've heard their name in a few places lately too.

Ooh, Clash covers.

Huge Strummer fans (apparently)....or it just looks good on a guitar!

guitar.jpg

YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

they're badass. i've been playing stuff off sounding a mosaic on the radio for several weeks. they're one of the very few (and i mean VERY few) bands i'm looking forward to seeing at the warped tour.

man, this thread fell back about 9 pages, and of course it didn't occur to me to check the band index or use the search function.

:notthesharpesttoolintheshed:

i saw them at the warped tour yesterday, fan-fucking-tastic. one song the harmonies sounded a little off, but other than that it was great.

they covered "new year's day". it worked, and was pretty damn cool. in the middle of it, they did a medley with "guns of brixton," "police & thieves," and "a message to you rudy," they played they closed with "pressure drop".

i wish i knew the songs on sounding a mosaic better so i could say exactly which ones they played, but i haven't listened to it enough to match titles with songs :reject:

:up:

A friend of mine saw them in a surprise mini-concert in Ottawa a couple of weeks back and can't stop talking about it. :up:

I tried to stay away from Warped 'cause the last time I went, I was probably the oldest in the crowd (at 20!) but will see them in Toronto in September and it's a free concert....so hey... doesn't get much better! :wink:

As for the album, I can't think of a song I don't like on there. It's about time someone re-releases their first album "Root Fire".

no kidding, the average age at that thing is like 15.

free concert with good band :drool:

*sending vibes to side one dummy to re-release the first album*

Forgot to write back after the show. It was fantastic, they managed to live up to the hype and more... only about 500 people since they weren't as big then as they've become over the past few months in Canada, but a brilliant show nevertheless, great energy. They did cover some Clash and Mescaleros numbers. How does Guns of Brixton/Johhny Appleseed/New Years Day medley sound?

I actually caught up with them after the show, very nice and down to earth guys I must say. Jay mentioned about working with Scott Shields (of the Mescaleros) on a few ideas. I'd love to see what comes out of it.

Back
Top Bottom