Beck live

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

UnforgettableLemon

Rock n' Roll Doggie ALL ACCESS
Anybody else seen this tour yet? Oh man, the show was great. I love the first half of Guero, but the second half of the album sounds very samey to me. But not live... there are some amazing transitions and segues here.

Lost Cause -> The Golden Age -> Clap Hands (it works)

There's this whole thing with playing the percussion in the last two songs on silverware... it works. And yeah, the band is absolutley amazing and Beck doesn't miss a note. This is the best show i've been to since U2 in 2001, and i think that even includes Bruce this past spring. Bruce's show was amazing, but it was much more sombre and intellecutal. Beck's show was just FUN. The banjo in Sexx Laws was crazy, as was the giant boombox in Where It's At. There was a nice mix of hits and album tracks, I think the only big songs missing were Beercan, New Pollution, and Debra. Great show. Wow. Tiny little man with lots of big talent and energy.

I'm sure martha will be here shortly.

I'd have seen it if he'd come near me. :mad:

hey unforgettablelemon, were you at the fairfax, va show last nite? very fun show, i enjoyed it a lot. LOTS of guero material, fortunately i think it's one of his best. beercan was played, it was one of my highlights of the show, along with nobody's fault but my own and ANYTHING off of sea change. coolest segue was definitely he's a mighty good leader -> farewell ride.

i wasn't too big on the whole silverware percussion thing, it seemed at points like they were just trying to figure out stuff for the other musicians onstage to do. i would have preferred it if it were just beck onstage for the quieter stuff. but, yeah, as an individual performer, i'd rank him up there with prince and pj harvey.

bollox said:
hey unforgettablelemon, were you at the fairfax, va show last nite? very fun show, i enjoyed it a lot. LOTS of guero material, fortunately i think it's one of his best. beercan was played, it was one of my highlights of the show, along with nobody's fault but my own and ANYTHING off of sea change. coolest segue was definitely he's a mighty good leader -> farewell ride.

I posted that after a very long drive, and for some reason I do remember beercan now. And yes, Nobody's Fault But My Own was AMAZING. It was ethereal and somber and just yeah... where were you seated, by the way? I didn't have GA tickets (the floor looked quite empty, too). I was in section 101, I was in a Bowie shirt with a black hat... doubt anybody would have noticed, but you never know.

My favorite segue was easily the one I mentioned, but if you didn't like hte silverware percussion, then I can understand why you wouldn't be overwhelmed. How about E-Pro :rockon:ing down the house to close?

I'm here. :wink:

I saw him in June. It was an incredible show. I didn't know anything but that latest album, and I still thought the show was incredible! The crowd was as noisy and loving as a U2 crowd, which made it even better and more fun. I loved it and I'll go see him whenever I can now. :yes:

bollox said:

HE PLAYED "HE'S A MIGHTY GOOD LEADER"???????????????????

Fuckin' A, is that awesome! He was in Chicago on both, you guessed it, 9/20 and 9/21; U2 tickets were tough to GIVE away, let alone sell on such short notice (the Beck tix went on sale just a few weeks before the shows) for face value. I loved my U2 shows, as they kicked the respective asses of the May shows...but, damn. I really wanted to see my Beck. It's been a few years...

No setlists or boots have really surfaced for the Guero promotional shows, so I'm not sure whether or not I missed "Debra." I sure hope not...

But I'm glad that everybody enjoyed the shows attended, so far. He's a cool cat, that Mr. Hansen.

martha said:
I'm here. :wink:

I saw him in June. It was an incredible show. I didn't know anything but that latest album, and I still thought the show was incredible! The crowd was as noisy and loving as a U2 crowd, which made it even better and more fun. I loved it and I'll go see him whenever I can now. :yes:

You have picked up some of the older stuff now, right? RIGHT?

:sexywink:

Odelay :drool:

Mutations :drool:

Sea Change :drool: :drool: :drool:

UnforgettableLemon said:

I posted that after a very long drive, and for some reason I do remember beercan now. And yes, Nobody's Fault But My Own was AMAZING. It was ethereal and somber and just yeah... where were you seated, by the way? I didn't have GA tickets (the floor looked quite empty, too). I was in section 101, I was in a Bowie shirt with a black hat... doubt anybody would have noticed, but you never know.

My favorite segue was easily the one I mentioned, but if you didn't like hte silverware percussion, then I can understand why you wouldn't be overwhelmed. How about E-Pro :rockon:ing down the house to close?

my friend & i were on the floor, i was wearing a johnny cash shirt and he had a brian wilson "smile" shirt. i felt bad that the place had so many empty seats, but i don't think beck is really an "arena" act. the floor did seem kinda sparse, though it was kinda nice to actually have breathing room in GA for a change.

don't get me wrong, i did appreciate the table top percussion, i just think the sea change songs are so spare & beautiful that they didn't need added embellishment. crap hands was also a cool surprise. good song selection, pretty much covered every part of his career. would have loved to hear little one though. or mtv makes me wanna smoke crack, lol.

yeah, e-pro rocked! and the backup dancers were too just dang funny.

Back
Top Bottom