Beck Announces Summer Tour of US

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

HelloAngel

ONE love, blood, life
Beck Plots Summer U.S. Tour

Beck has announced the first seven dates for his summer U.S. tour, beginning May 28 in Vienna, Va. Dashboard Confessional and the Black Keys will support on all dates. According to Dashboard's publicist, the full itinerary is expected to total about 18 dates and should be finalized by week's end. The trio of acts are among the first confirmed for the long-rumored Field Day Festival on June 6-7 in Calverton, Long Island, N.Y.; Radiohead and the Beastie Boys are also tipped to appear.

Beck will precede his second U.S. tour behind his 2002 Geffen album, "Sea Change," with a two-week solo jaunt through Europe, beginning April 18 in Hamburg on April 18 and wrapping May 2 in Dublin. Last fall, Beck was accompanied by the Flaming Lips, who served as both his support act and backing band. The Lips will not be on hand this time out.

As previously reported, Dashboard Confessional will play a series of New York and Los Angeles-area venues in mid-May in advance of its forthcoming studio album "A Mark, A Mission, A Brand, A Scar," due in July via Vagrant.

Akron, Ohio-based rock duo the Black Keys wrap a U.S. headlining tour tonight (April 9) in San Diego. The group's Fat Possum debut, and second album overall, "thickfreakness," was released yesterday.

SUMMER "SEA CHANGE" TOUR

Alexandria, VA
Wolftrap Music Center

Tampa, FL
Sundome

Boca Raton, FL
Mizner Amphihteater

Columbus, OH
Promowest

Cleveland, OH
Tower City Amphitheater

New York City, NY
Field Day Festival

Detroit, MI
Meadowbrook Ampitheater

Chicago, IL
UIC Pavilion

Minneapolis, MN
Wilkins Auditorium

-- John D. Luerssen, N.Y.

Last edited:
I was just going to post this. :up:

I reaaally want to go to the 11th and 12th concerts but I don't think I can manage to get from Chicago to Minneapolis in such a short time. :huh: Oh well. I'll probably go to the Minneapolis one.

I would like to attend Columbus, I should live there for all the shows that come there.....

but Dashboard Confessional????

sorry, not my cup o tea.....:down:

I am just checking the weekend RAGE playlist. Tomorrow night starts off with some great songs, culminating in and hour of Beck film clips between 3.30am 4.30 am.( maybe useful info for Aussie beck fans...with a TV and a VCR) Usually the person/band who's clips feature program the earlier clips, so maybe it is beck's taste in music....maybe not
I have been known to be wrong:)
if you want to have a go see
http://www.abc.net.au/rage/playlist/archive/2003/20030412.htm

GODDAMN IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Why must my first (and therefore most passsionate) love tour when I am in Japan?????
First he has the gall to tour while I am in Europe, and now this. It's killing me.
Can't he see my love for him?

Beck drops Dashboard....

Beck Adds More Dates to Unending World Tour
World's fish being delicately salted in anticipation of The Great One's arrival

Jeffrey Ellinger reports:
Folk-grunge-slacker-turned-neo-new-wave-Serge-Gainsbourg-impersonator-turned-pensive-introverted-sad-old-bastard Beck is grabbing his cryin' stool and six-string and doing his darned best to stop being labeled a Dashboard Confessional condoler. Sir Hansen plans to rid himself of the, um, unpleasantness by dropping the Confessional and instead bringing along a dirty blues band of the non-faux variety-- that is to say, The Black Keys-- for the summer leg of his 2003 Sea Change tour.

Having already been all over the goddamn place with those hotties in The Flaming Lips (oh, Mr. Drozd!), and with The Lips out on a tour of their own, these dates will see Beck backed by a different band. Tagging along this time, in hopes of making the Beck sound boss, will be Vincent Gallo collaborator Josh Klinghoffer on guitar; Redd Kross' Steven McDonald on bass (you may also remember him from that shortlived project The Redd Stripes); Action Figure Party's Gregg Kurstin on keyboards; and Suzanne Vega sessioneer Jay Bellerose on drums. The dates, please, maestro:

05-28 Vienna, VA - Wolf Trap Music Center
05-30 Atlanta, GA - Chastain Park Amphitheatre
05-31 Orlando, FL - Hard Rock Live
06-01 Boca Raton, FL - Mizer Park Amphitheatre
06-04 Columbus. OH - Promowest Pavilion
06-05 Cleveland, OH - Tower City Amphitheatre
06-08 Saratoga, NY - Saratoga Performing Arts Center
06-10 Detroit, MI - Meadowbrook Amphitheatre
06-11 Chicago, IL - UIC Pavilion
06-12 St. Paul, MN - Wilkins Auditorium
06-14 Morrison, CO - Red Rocks Amphitheatre
06-16 Boise, ID Bank of America Center
06-18 Vancouver, BC Plaza of Nations
06-19 Portland, OR - Theater of the Clouds
06-20 Auburn, WA - White River Amphitheater
06-22 Berkeley, CA - Greek Theatre
06-24 San Diego, CA - SDSU Open Air Theater
06-26 Santa Barbara, CA Santa Barbara Bowl
06-27 Los Angeles, CA - Verizon Wireless Amphitheatre

Granted, after all that America, anyone could use a change of scenery, and so, Beck, having this option open to him, will be headed for a late summer/early fall jaunt through the colorful lands of Europe-- including Weeze, Germany, which he's presumably visiting just to say he's been. While these dates are still subject to change, and supporting acts have not been announced, a full story in late July at the Fork is sure to emerge. In the meantime, here you go:

08-07 Urbino, ITA - Frequenze Disturbate Festival
08-09 Valencia, SPA - Benicassim Festival
08-10 Odemira, POR - Sudoeste Festival
08-13 Aix en Provence, FRA - Vaison La Romaine
08-14 Avenches, SWI - Rock Oz'Arenes
08-15 Salzburg, AUS - Frequency Festival
08-17 Erfurt, GER - Highfield Festival
08-18 Hamburg, GER - Stadtpark
08-21 London, ENG - Brixton Academy
08-23 Reading, ENG - Reading Festival
08-24 Leeds, ENG -Leeds Festival
08-25 Dublin, IRE - The Point
08-27 Paris, FRA - Rock En Seine Festival
08-29 Hasselt, BEL - Pukkelpop Festival
08-30 Biddinghuizen, NETH - Lowlands Festival
08-31 Weeze, GER - Terremnto Festival

Now let's talk about The Black Keys for just a second here: having released heavy doses of blues with nods towards the genre's progenitors (Muddy Waters, R.L. Burnside, Mississippi Fred McDowell) with The Big Come Up last year, the Keys became determined to never sleep, and instead blasted out more blues in April with the release of Thickfreakness. You can view and enjoy a music video for their new single "Set You Free" on Fat Possum's website if you own the Internet, as well as some streamin' audio. The twosome will be playing two dates on the east coast without Beck and one date in August with the man himself, Solomon Burke. Viddy dis, yo:

06-06 Pittsburgh, PA - Rosebud
06-07 Rochester, NY- Bug Jar
08-15 Cleveland, OH -Cain Park (w/Solomon Burke)

Back
Top Bottom