Beck

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
elevatedmole said:
Really womanfish? Like what have you heard? I've always heard he's really nice. :shrug:

Well, he's always seemed pretty normal and nice when I see him in interviews, but there was a whole article on the Flaming Lips in Esquire magazine a few months back, and the Lips (who opened on Beck's tour) went on quite a bit about how he was kind of a male diva - very demanding, inflexible, very concerned about how he was treated and how others perceived him. It was an interesting read.

womanfish said:

Well, he's always seemed pretty normal and nice when I see him in interviews, but there was a whole article on the Flaming Lips in Esquire magazine a few months back, and the Lips (who opened on Beck's tour) went on quite a bit about how he was kind of a male diva - very demanding, inflexible, very concerned about how he was treated and how others perceived him. It was an interesting read.

If I remember correctly, Wayne Coyne later explained it developed out of a joke or something, and then he took it too far in that interview and later apologized. :shrug: Who knows, I guess.

Wayne got confetti in his eye one night and it infected his eye pretty badly so he looked like he got punched in the face.. Well, he capatilized off it and told people Beck actually punched him in the face. The thing is, he was hoping people would realize it was a joke since Beck is pretty small and Wayne is like 6'1" or 6'2".

:yes: You're right david, I forgot about that part.

PA280016.jpg

hmmmm....

There was nothing about confetti in the eye in this article. It was in Esquire a few months ago, I believe with Benicio DelToro on the cover. Pretty much talking about how he was a pain to tour with and his song choices weren't good, and how he was really anal about stuff, and how it was so important how everyone viewed him, etc....

I still have it somewhere and if I have the time will type some of the peices from it.

HallelujahHereSheComes and I had the honor of seeing his show last night in Chicago!

He is an amazing performer. Great show. The man moves like he is the bastard child of James Brown and all the members of Devo (who's your daddy?).

Jeff Tweedy (from Wilco) came out and played a song with him - and he also played a Flaming Lips song (can't think of the name of the song - I am a bit tired right now).

yeah.

On Tuesday mom surprised me with tickets to the Chicago show. :combust: So, um, yeah. I was there. Good show.

The FLips cover was Do You Realize -- which was gorgeous, by the way. :up:

I'm seeing him again tonight.. GA. :) Can't wait. Leaving in just a few minutes.

I'm glad you guys had fun at the show.

I have GA tickets to see him in Santa Barbara in a couple weeks. I'm so excited! Anyone know how early I should get there?

zonelistener said:

He is an amazing performer. Great show. The man moves like he is the bastard child of James Brown and all the members of Devo (who's your daddy?).

Jeff Tweedy (from Wilco) came out and played a song with him -

yeah.

:combust:

zonelistener said:
Damn Elevated...you should have told us!

Where were you sitting (or better off, STANDING!)?

I had crappy seats in 108. I didn't have time to get online to post about it. :der:

I took a ton of pictures at the Minneapolis show though, and I was on the floor. I'm going to get them developed ASAP. :hyper:

Back
Top Bottom