Be very careful

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I don't know what the hell you're on, so here's a completely irrelevant picutre.

dy.gif

Isn't Princess Elvis' girlfriend? I thought Princess was in her username. I dunno.

GibsonGirl said:
I don't know what the hell you're on, so here's a completely irrelevant picutre.

dy.gif

Why, that's a wonderful orbital structure of dysprosium you have there! :yes:

And here's more information about your irrelevant picture:

Dysprosium is an attractive and safely packaged collection of the 92 naturally occurring elements that is available for sale.

The element has a metallic, bright silver lustre. It is relatively stable in air at room temperature, but dissolves readily, with the evolution of hydrogen, in mineral acids. The metal is soft enough to be cut with a knife and can be machined without sparking if overheating is avoided. It is a rare earth metal found in minerals such as xenotime, monazite and bastnaesite.

Dy.jpg

I'm such a geeky scientist. :wink:

The element has a metallic, bright silver lustre. It is relatively stable in air at room temperature, but dissolves readily, with the evolution of hydrogen, in mineral acids. The metal is soft enough to be cut with a knife and can be machined without sparking if overheating is avoided. It is a rare earth metal found in minerals such as xenotime, monazite and bastnaesite.
:laugh: I was really in need of that information right now.

doctorwho said:

Why, that's a wonderful orbital structure of dysprosium you have there! :yes:

And here's more information about your irrelevant picture:

Dysprosium is an attractive and safely packaged collection of the 92 naturally occurring elements that is available for sale.

Dy.jpg

I'm such a geeky scientist. :wink:

*pumps fist*

CHEMISTRY! My favourite scientific topic!

Hee, dysprosium is the name of my LiveJournal account ( http://dysprosium.livejournal.com and yes that was a shameless plug ).

Some monty python is again in order:wink:

WOMAN:
I didn't know we had a king. I thought we were an autonomous collective.
DENNIS:
You're fooling yourself. We're living in a dictatorship: a self-perpetuating autocracy in which the working classes--
WOMAN:
Oh, there you go bringing class into it again.
DENNIS:
That's what it's all about. If only people would hear of--
ARTHUR:
Please! Please, good people. I am in haste. Who lives in that castle?
WOMAN:
No one lives there.
ARTHUR:
Then who is your lord?
WOMAN:
We don't have a lord.
ARTHUR:
What?
DENNIS:
I told you. We're an anarcho-syndicalist commune. We take it in turns to act as a sort of executive officer for the week,...
ARTHUR:
Yes.
DENNIS:
...but all the decisions of that officer have to be ratified at a special bi-weekly meeting...

Back
Top Bottom