Be honest

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bonosloveslave

Offishul Kitteh Doctor
Staff member
You may be ashamed to admit it, but I demand to know:

What is your favorite musical? :hyper:

I have Les Mis tix for tonight, this is my third time going :heart:

You can pick a live one, one that you love from seeing the movie, whatever, but you must admit that you love at least one musical :angry:

My other faves are West Side Story and Seven Brides for Seven Brothers :)

Les Miserables is my favorite too. i've seen it twice and would love to see it again sometime. :heart: :hyper: i own the broadway version and the london version soundtracks, and the music box version of the sound track, which sounds like it was played on a music box :cute: unfortunately i bought them before i had a cd player so it's just audio tapes...i think they're beginning to wear out :lol: i also have the Les Miserables poster above my tv in my living room.

i :heart: going to musicals and broadway shows whenever we go to nyc to visit my brother.

phantom of the opera... have seen the stage show twice now :cute:

also Cats, cos i like cats and when i was at school we did it as a show. never seen it LIVE tho...

saw miss saigon, wasnt that great, but was still very powerful :)

as for musical movies... wizard of oz, chitty chitty bang bang, evita... mary poppins :cute: ;)

I loooove Les Miz. I saw it here in Toronto a few years back and fell in love. I have the CD, and the Live DVD. I was so dissapointed when I planned a trip to New York right after the very long run ended. Seeing it on Broadway would have been a dream come true.

I love them all though. Cats, Phantom, Miss Saigon, Rent, yes, even Beauty and the Beast.

Oh, and Sound of Music is one of my all time favorite movies. It reminds me of being a kid and watching it with my dad who also loves musicals.

Abel, you are so lucky to have a brother in NYC.

My sister is a huge music lover, so she has more authority in saying what her favourite musical is. Mine is...

:hmm:

I think Cyrano De Bergerac (or however you spell it). It wasn't a very big musical (and didn't too well on Broadway), but it did have one song that sent the shivers down my spine.

Les Miserables and the Phantom Of The Opera are very good too.

On screen my favourite is probably Grease.

C ya!

Marty

The King and I...etc etc etc. Yul :drool:
My Fair Lady
Jesus Christ Superstar
Gene Kelly:drool:
I've only seen the movie versions.I've never seen a live musical. My friend just got back from finland/russia/japan...she spent 2 nights at the Bolshoi...she had a ball.
I love musicals.

West Side Story
Sound of Music
Les Miserables (I was lucky enough to see this on Broadway)
Fiddler on the Roof
My Fair Lady

I have yet to see Phantom of the Opera, but I really want to.

If loving musicals is uncool, I don't want to be cool. :heart:

Hair
The Rocky Horror Show
West Side Story

I liked Grease, Cats, The Phantom of the Opera, Jesus Christ Superstar, and some mo? classical ones.. but those above are my three fav .. and actually there?s so much to see that I`d go for ballet, the Opera, or a ball :wink:

I must agree with those who said "Les Miserables". Saw that in 10th grade on Broadway...wow. In-effin-credible performances. That, and I liked the storyline, sad as it may be.

"West Side Story", "Phantom Of The Opera", and "The Music Man" (which was based on the town I'm originally from :D) are some of my other favorites.

In regards to "Grease", heh, I'm hard pressed to find kids from the schools I went to who didn't like "Grease". It was a blast when, at school dances, the "Grease" medley came on-everyone was singing along. I like that one, too. :yes:.

Angela

I've seen Phantom twice, and I have the original cast recording CD. :love:

I also love Grease!

Um....:shifty:

:shhh:

I LOVE MUSICALS :heart:

RENT (seen it six times and will be buying tickets for a March show too)
Cabaret
Chicago

I have seen Phantom and Miserables...but they just did not "WOW!" me like RENT - the reason: the diversity of music in RENT. Same thing with Chicago.

I have yet to see Chicago movie yet...I don't want to ruin the stage version! :D

zonelistener said:
RENT (seen it six times and will be buying tickets for a March show too)
Cabaret
Chicago

I have seen Phantom and Miserables...but they just did not "WOW!" me like RENT - the reason: the diversity of music in RENT.

I know some kids who adore "Rent", too.

I haven't seen it, though. Haven't seen "Chicago", either.

Angela

Phantom is my personal favorite. My first broadway show and definitely my most memorable. I'd love to see Les Miz, I've known the music for ages and played it for quite a while, too (accompanying my sister and other singers).

I was supposed to go see Rent as an xmas present from someone a couple years ago, but she flaked on me. :mad:

Moonlit_Angel said:

I know some kids who adore "Rent", too.

I haven't seen it, though. Haven't seen "Chicago", either.

Angela

Kids?

I am far from a kid. But thanks for the note about not seeing either play. :eyebrow:

Back
Top Bottom