BDO 2003: I am one extremely happy music fan!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

OzAurora

Refugee
The Sunshine Coast, Queensland, Australia
There are two acts in this world who I have always wanted to see as I worship them so much (this excludes U2, as I have seen them live twice) they being Janes Addiction and Neil Young and I still hold hope for Neil as he tours regurly around Europe and America, but in all honesty I thought that I had missed the boat with Janes Addiction until just now......

I decided to check out the Big Day Out (Australian music festival held in January each year) lineup and there I saw at the top of the list, JANES ADDICTION- they must of just been added and I cant tell you how happy this makes me, I can not wait to hear the melodic sounds of Jane says being played .....LIVE and then if they did 'Three Days', well this is just going to be one hell of a good show.

I havnt been to one of the BDOs since 97, as I started to get over these festivals as they are always so packed, its always freaking hot and I no longer have a friend (which means free place to stay) who lives on the Gold Coast, but never the less I will be there this January coming and the rest of the lineup is amazingly good too, here are my picks....

Janes Addiction:drool:
Queens of the stoneage
Kraftwerk
Foo fighters
Underworld
PJ Harvey
Living End

mmmmmmmm- its gonna be good:)

I wnat to go this yr too Oz
For Underworld mainly but yeah id love to see Jane's Addiction too.
its reminsicent of line ups from years ago which is good.
i wonder who living end have got to play drums now that travis has left...

you know about the water already...so just

have fun musiclover.

I took my boys in 1999 and had THE BEST Day Out. The BDO'S are good value imho. We took the shuttle bus option and stayed at Kingscliff(bad move...it cost us a fourtune in taxis to get from Coolangatta to homebase...next time we'll know how to do it)

It's such a wonderful feeling when a site opens and there is someone u love making the long journey down under. Soulfly will be here soon, but it looks as thought they don't have an Under 18 concert planned. Bigg brother showed loyalty, he said he won't go unless his younger brother can too.
So I'm glad at leats one of your ships has come in. I didin;t know Kraftwerk are appearing. I have a friend in Melbourne who will go gaga about that"mangomutronic" ansd Underworld...it's always a great day for:dance: and meeting people. I had so much fun, wish I could go every year.

Glad to find your post Aurora. I wanted to mention to you..VideoEzy have Lord of the Rings calendars on sale at the moment...an Ok photo of Legolas towards the back. It is full of rental vouchers, so good value.

But main thing...enjoy....can't you pop down to Syd and go along with Amanda?or vice versa? I content myself with local bands...and boy o boy...has a great new one appeared on the scene....or rather I have just discovered them...great groove, good songs(cute guitarist)dynamo singing drummer...when I can and when they playing at the venue with decent sound :dance: :drool: :dance: ( at my age I had best stop that drooling. i might slip and break my hip...now that would be embarrassing..)
:hug:'ness

I won't be here for it unfortunately.
BDO's are alot of fun.
And :silent: word on the street (yo) is that Janes Addiction won't be the headliners for long, someone else announced soon, and I'm mighty pissed I'm going to miss both them and Pearl Jam.

Perry is out of his mind, but god bless him, he believes *it* :sexywink:

she waz an are-dist just as you were, an artist just as you WERE!!!!!!!

i was cranking that Ritual cd just the other day too...

Back
Top Bottom