Baywatch: The Movie

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

melon

ONE love, blood, life
And directed by Steven Spielberg. Tom Cruise and George Clooney were also linked to it.

SPIELBERG TO TACKLE BAYWATCH THE MOVIE?

STEVEN SPIELBERG

Legendary movie-maker STEVEN SPIELBERG is being linked to a forthcoming movie version of cult TV show BAYWATCH.

The lighthearted lifeguard drama attracted massive worldwide audiences in the 1990s largely thanks to its cast of scantily clad blondes and muscular hunks - former 'Baywatch Babes' include PAMELA ANDERSON, CARMEN ELECTRA, TRACI BINGHAM, YASMIN BLEETH and GINA LEE NOLIN.

Plans for a big screen version have been discussed in the past, with the show's star DAVID HASSELHOFF keen to be involved.

But now Spielberg, whose heavyweight film credits include SAVING PRIVATE RYAN and SCHINDLER'S LOST, has reportedly secured the movie rights from Baywatch co-creator GREG BONANN and has put the project in his diary for 2006.

According to PAGESIX.COM, the director wants to "work on something frothy and entertaining".
18/03/2005 14:10

This could, obviously, be awful tabloid fodder, but the thought of this happening, scheduled for 2006, is hilarious.

Melon

melon said:
And directed by Steven Spielberg. Tom Cruise and George Clooney were also linked to it.

This could, obviously, be awful tabloid fodder, but the thought of this happening, scheduled for 2006, is hilarious.

Melon

Clooney is doing it
to get the Baywatch Babes.

Spielberg is doing it
for the kink factor.

Cruise is doing it
to watch.:wink:

It sounds like a big joke. The director of Schindlers list goes Baywatch ??,,

I dont wanna see Baywatch the movie unless Steven brings back jaws and have it chase David Hasselhoff

If it involved the original cast, I might actually go see it. Baywatch used to be the highlight of my TV week, sadly enough. I was only 5 or 6 at the time, but it's still pretty sad. Even more so since I found out that noone else I knew ever watched it when they were that age :huh:

I enjoyed it when I was 10 or so for the storylines. You can laugh, because as I've grown up, I've realized that there is no plot. Or, at least, such a poorly written plot that could only amuse children. Everyone else just watched it for the breast implants...lol.

Melon

Back
Top Bottom