Bauhaus to make new album?!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

u2popmofo

Blue Meth Addict
Zonemeister, where are you my fellow Bauhaus lovin' homie?

http://www.pitchforkmedia.com/news/05-07/28.shtml#bauhaus

Bauhaus Considering New Album

Zach Vowell reports:
Reunions seem to be a dime a dozen these days. And as great as the Pixies and Dinosaur Jr. tours have been to witness, most bands aren't too interested in mustering up the energy to record together again. Or maybe it's just bad memories (e.g., Frank Black vs. Kim Deal, J Mascis vs. Lou Barlow). Whatever the case, the legendeary goth quartet Bauhaus is reportedly trying to go that extra mile by reforming for a tour and a new album, since, you know, they already did that whole reunion thing seven years ago in 1998. According to BBC 6, frontman Peter Murphy said, "I've actually been working on reforming the band for the last year. It's come to the point now that we are going to tour here [in the UK] in the winter and do a world tour and an album."

A new album would be the first since Burning from the Inside in 1983, which lacked Murphy's presence on much of the LP (due to a serious illness) and foreshadowed the other members' work as Love and Rockets. And despite those long years, you may recall that all this doesn't come completely out of nowhere, as Bauhaus reunited as recent as this year for the Coachella festival in April. Further confirming that goths at heart love Southern California sun as much as anyone else, Bauhaus guitarist Daniel Ash has announced on his website three more Bauhaus shows in Los Angeles at the end of October. But more should materialize as Murphy winds down from his recent solo album and tour. The dates so far:

10-28 Los Angeles, CA - The Wiltern
10-29 Los Angeles, CA - The Wiltern
10-30 Los Angeles, CA - The Wiltern

* Bauhaus: http://www.bauhausmusik.com/

This is some cool news.

HERE I AM!

I want a Love and Rockets "reunion" too.

Has it been seven years. I feel old, knowing it has been seven years since the reunion tour (still, one of the DARKEST shows I have ever seen...I LOVED it).

A new album would be interesting...could they produce something so dark 22 years later?

better than this i can only imagine two impossible things:
1 - ian curtis ressurection
2 - the smiths reunion

Back
Top Bottom