Bauchklang !!!!!!!!!!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Naya

Refugee
:up:
Holy......!!!
I just came back from the Jazz Fest here in Montreal and saw this extremely talented Austrian band called Bauchklang...I also went to see them last night...I have never heard a sound like theirs...Here's the concept: 6 guys. No instruments. They are an A Capella band and use their voices to do all these noises that ressemble electronic noises...If you close your eyes you would swear that they are playing instruments but no !!! They are all very energetic and the singer moves really well...:drool: They really had the crowd going and jumping; the crowd couldn't get enough and the band did 3 encores ! I shook the singer's hand after the show and told them they were awesome and he was really friendly...(everybody wanted to meet the guys after the show)If you go to their website you can download some of their songs...
Here's their bio:

over the last year BAUCHKLANG have advanced from "personal tip" to one of the most exciting and demanded live-acts in business.

in the course of time the band has developed a kind of musical style that had never existed before in that very special way which is based on human vocal-signal. BAUCHKLANG is not 'bout imitating or satirizing instruments, it's 'bout discovering and creatively using the infinite variety of human voice .

the current work in the studios for the new album took them to macrocosm of voice...

because of remixing, testing of the prevailing voice signals and diverse groove sessions tbey found out wbicb and how many immense possibilities of sounding there are with just vocal material. the guys fascinate ' cause of their driving beat box sessions, extreme basses, very different mouth percussion and sounds that go right through and through...

due to their experimenting and musical crossovers (from ethno to ragga, hip bop and breakbeats...) BAUCHKLANG have taken the role of a forerunner as weIl as they've succeeded in capturing new ground in electronic scene.

in any case, these six vocalists have, though under changing casting but without doubt, with constant curiosity long left to unexplored and never heard of areas of music, far away from traditional vocals and have thus developed to an independent post modern phenomenon that has already impressed audiences outside Austria.

a sound picture is developed that not only matches today`s streams in music, with innovative elements of electronic music, drum`n`bass, ragga, etc. but also, and in addition, is very demanding and shows no fear whatsoever to go over any ethnic music borders and therefore has charisma.

BAUCHKLANG, the vocal groove project, can without doubt be regarded as the avantgarde of the vocal formations: come - see - listen and groove.

Some photos:
ph_22.jpg

ph_124.jpg

ph_91.jpg

ph_112.jpg

Last edited:
Wow Naya.
Seems you are pumped about these guys:)
You have always had an good eye for talent:yes:
Nice post.
Db9
:cool:

diamond said:
Wow Naya.
Seems you are pumped about these guys:)
You have always had an good eye for talent:yes:
Nice post.
Db9
:cool:

Yes I am diamond !

I really hope to see them again and be able to chat with them more..I think they made some new groupies that night who didn't want to leave them alone...:mad:

Back
Top Bottom