Battlestar Galactica

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

phanan

Blue Crack Addict
Yeah, I'm old enough to remember the original, and despite being totally outdated now, it was a good show at the time.

That's why I was a bit hesitant when a new version appeared - Starbuck's a woman now, and the cylons can look like humans. Even after watching the opening mini-series, I wasn't entirely sold.

But I've stuck with it as it became a regular series, and I must say now that this show is fantastic. The actors are really good and the writing has been top notch. Last season's finale was unbelievable, and now that the second season has begun, I can't wait to see how the series continues to develop.

Great show.

unfortunately I remember the original too

Richard Hatch was one of my first girlhood crushes after I realized boys didn't really have cooties (well not all of them)

I used to enjoy watching the re-runs on the Sci-Fi Channel !! :up:
I no longer have that channel as part of my program line-up !! :sad:
The original show with Richard Hatch and Dirk Benedict was GREAT !! They were AWESOME actors ... they reminded me of David Soul and Paul Michael Glaser of Starsky and Hutch ... as their chemistry between them also just simply worked, and therefore made their characters come alive and also made the show an overall success !! :bow: :applaud:

I was and still am a huge fan of the original Battlestar Galactica show. My husband got me the dvd set for Mother's Day last year. :D I till turn it on when the Sci-Fi channel shows a marathon of it. I'm trying very hard to watch the new show, but I'm old school Galactica. I can't believe they made Starbuck into a girl, :mad:, but I'm trying to like it. I did make it a point to watch the shows with Richard Hatch in them. Apollo was always my favorite.

"Fleeing from the Cylon Tyrany, the last Battlestar, Galactica, leads a rag-tag fugitive fleet on a lonely quest. A Shining planet, known as Earth"

Okay, I finally watched the first episode of the new season and I was like :ohmy:. Poor Adama. Not much of a gripper but it was good to have someone next to me and not just an empty couch seat. I'd watch the next ep also but he still has the tape and forgot to bring it! :mad:

Ah well, next week, I'll have 2 (the one he didn't bring over and the one he'll be taping this Friday!) more episodes to watch!
:D

Back
Top Bottom