battle of the the's-killers or bravery

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

TheBrush

War Child
who ya got? Who do you think will be more successful? I have both albums and I enjoy both.

However, the lead singer(flowers) of the Killers cannot write a song to save his life. Some of his lyrics are quite puzzling. The bravery CD is very impressive, however, I have only listened to it a few times so far(bought it a couple days ago).

Does anyone know anything about the Bravery? I know this is their first cd and all but how old are they? I know their lead singer has been in a band before, but thats about it.

yea, with the dreads. HAHAHAHAAHa, Hey but one of the band members from killers was is a ska band as well. I read in blender a while back Mr Flowers was making fun of the Bravery's lead singer for being in a Ska band and called him Non-committed, but one of his own band members did the same. HAHAHA, funny shit

killers

at a push

they're both naff, but the Bravery more so. Plus, they both have rubbish names.

i don't understand flower's point. to be in a rock band that blends 80s electronica with rock, one has to be committed to what, rock or electronica? so what if the singer was in a ska band - ska can be cool.

blueyedpoet said:
i don't understand flower's point. to be in a rock band that blends 80s electronica with rock, one has to be committed to what, rock or electronica? so what if the singer was in a ska band - ska can be cool.

He thinks he started The Bravery, to jump on a trend. He should focus more on the band's haircuts. It looks like Helen Keller did their hair.

blueyedpoet said:
i dont know, im going to go dig up that issue of blender and make i got everything right

MrBrau1 said:

He thinks he started The Bravery, to jump on a trend. He should focus more on the band's haircuts. It looks like Helen Keller did their hair.

Making them the KELLERS...*is killed*

I much prefer The Killers. Great tunes they have there. The Bravery are pitiful...plus the name is a complete joke, and I must say their An Cat Dubh cover left me feeling rather worse for wear...

Gotta go with the Bravery. An Cat Dubh pretty much swayed my decision.

But I also think the Killers are one of the worst bands going now. Monotone vocals and a cookie cutter sound. Terrible, terrible stuff.

blahblahblah said:

Making them the KELLERS...*is killed*

I much prefer The Killers. Great tunes they have there. The Bravery are pitiful...plus the name is a complete joke, and I must say their An Cat Dubh cover left me feeling rather worse for wear...

Kellers. Nice one.

I want to see one of them get arrested, and appear in court with a nice grey suit, no make-up, and their ferret/squirrel hair cut.

flowers said, "how can you defend saying my heart really belongs to what im doing now', you used to be in a ska band.

their drummer ronnie Vannucci was a member of a two tone outfit, Attaboy Skip-Blender

I think he thinks ppl can't do other things.

oh I guess I should vote which i perfer.

I like Bravery better(like I said this is now, cause i need more listens to the CD) But perhaps Killers might have more of future. I dunno........

MrBrau1 said:
The Bravery did a cracking An Cat Dubh cover. I'll give them props for that.

Yea, its good. Didnt they do electric Co. as well. I thought i remember reading that in a previous thread, or I am mistaken. I thought they did both

If they did Electric Co. I simply must hear it.

The Killers could get rid of Flowers and hire Ben Stein as their vocalist and I wouldn't notice a difference.

Clear Eyes is aawwwwesome

i work in the las vegas library district

the guy from the killers named mark has a library card

i should call him and ask who he likes best :love:

MrBrau1 said:

Kellers. Nice one.
(the sarcasm is OVERWHELMING!) :wink:
I want to see one of them get arrested, and appear in court with a nice grey suit, no make-up, and their ferret/squirrel hair cut.

Haha!

has anyone read what the Flowers says about other bands? he talks like he is fronting a great, orginal sounding band he talks crap about green day, maroon 5, hoobastank...he belongs in the same crappy genre:|

If anyone has a Bravery cover of Electric Co., please put a YSI link here. I would love to hear it.
My vote goes to The Bravery, for their bad haircuts, love of U2, and overall a better sound than The Killers. After seeing The Killers on SNL, I realized what an awful stage presence The Killers have. The lead singer had no emotion whatsoever, and just stood there the whole time.

yertle-the-turtle said:

I think we can guess which 'The' eh? Some Christian band are something? :wink:

:D Yup, my kind of Christians. ;)

Actually, there are soooo many excellent to awesome "The" bands out there, I'm just a bit weirded out that the battle of the the's is between the Killers and The Bravery. :shrug:

Plus I needed to do a touch of postwhoring this evening. :)

Agreed, Zoomerang. This kind of shit just about makes me lose all faith in contemporary rock, especially since even the quote-unquote alternative radio I hear actually play this shit (among other, better stuff). It's just so fucking mediocre and really begs the question - why bother?

Yeah, don't get me started on the Killers/Bravery.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom