Batman, Turkey Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I love the backstroke so much, I'm pretty ok at it too! I need to pick up some goggles tomorrow so I can start working on freestyle, I'm not too good at that one.
I never was fond of putting my face in the water, even with goggles on. I absolutely cannot open my eyes underwater without them.

This whole conversation has introduced new Aussie slang that I am not familiar with. I was able to figure out most of it, but wtf is a tog XD

*L* I love "togs"! What's even funnier is there's a restaurant in Castlemaine called Togs' as well. Nothing to do with swimwear that I'm aware of.

No problem. I just did a google search, I didn't think to consult help either XD.

Man, I wish I had something that played MP3 cds :(

*L* Cool... My new car can handle mp3 CDs, it claims... I always got sick of hearing the same 80 minutes over and over again on long car trips, (and I never wanted to pull over just to swap a CD, how lazy am I) so I reckon I'll give this mp3 thing a go. I think it can take 700MB or whatever a CD holds, right?

:hug:
Will we see you on the 12th, then? I'm taking that day off, the idea is to take Ax and Charlotte somewhere beyond the tram network for the day before we do the Mountain Goat meet-up or whatever's going on.

Let me know how those magic happy pills work out...!

Oops... did your mum freak out when she found that one?

And I know what you mean about not making waves. It can get harder and harder after a while.

Yeah for sure. I might be up for stuff during the day too. Could be easier than having to make my way up in peak hour.

Yeah she did freak a little. Tsked and said I'd regret it when I was older. Dad had a look and said he didn't mind it at all, more tsking from Mum. :giggle:

Have learnt that I have to listen to my gut feelings. Even if it's going to cause a heap of trouble it may be worth it in the long run.

*L* Cool... My new car can handle mp3 CDs, it claims... I always got sick of hearing the same 80 minutes over and over again on long car trips, (and I never wanted to pull over just to swap a CD, how lazy am I) so I reckon I'll give this mp3 thing a go. I think it can take 700MB or whatever a CD holds, right?

Yep, I think they hold about 4 hours of songs or something like that.

I'm frightened of razor blades too! :crack:

I like the shortie bathers but I must have a weird shaped behind. All the boyleg underpants I have ride up . . . .and would end up exposing much more than I intended!
I'd go for a two piece because I have a ripped stomach, might as well take advantage before it turns to a beer belly. Also because I haven't got much boobage I can use foam, underwire, frillls, etc to my advantage.

I sat there watching people shoot out of the water slide for half an hour before I convinced myself that if they were all fine and not bleeding and screaming, then there were no razor blades and crazy people were unlikely to be able to sneak underneath and jam them in in broad daylight. Then I spent the entire rest of the day going down the water slide... *L*

I've never tried them, but I did have a pair of boyleg undies once and they gave me worse wedgies than the normal ones. Which is a shame, cos they look like they should be really comfy! I was hoping that the elasticy bathers material would stay put better, but maybe not.

I don't have a huge amoutn of boobage either, but I think I'm happier without having to worry about it falling out!

Yeah for sure. I might be up for stuff during the day too. Could be easier than having to make my way up in peak hour.

Yeah she did freak a little. Tsked and said I'd regret it when I was older. Dad had a look and said he didn't mind it at all, more tsking from Mum. :giggle:

Have learnt that I have to listen to my gut feelings. Even if it's going to cause a heap of trouble it may be worth it in the long run.

Awesome! :yippie:
I don't know what Charlotte and Ax will want to do, but if it's a warmish day they may want to go up Mt Dandenong or somewhere coastal... it's possible we may end up going past Geelong, so not a problem to pick you up if you did want to join us. :)

*L* I think maybe your dad was in as much trouble as you ;)

Fair enough.

What's all this about razor blades? :yikes:
I thought it was a common paranoia about water slides... urban myths perhaps, about people jamming razor blades up into the slide, and then hapless people whizzing down and slicing themselves up horribly.

Yep, I think they hold about 4 hours of songs or something like that.

Sweeeeet.

Also Ashley, I must congratulate you on your mad Bejeweled skillz...! I think you broke it in more ways than one *L*

Thanks for the razor info, don't think I'll ever be able to go down a slide again :'(

Oh man, that was just crazy, these boost things are ridiculous!

Awesome! :yippie:
I don't know what Charlotte and Ax will want to do, but if it's a warmish day they may want to go up Mt Dandenong or somewhere coastal... it's possible we may end up going past Geelong, so not a problem to pick you up if you did want to join us. :)

*L* I think maybe your dad was in as much trouble as you ;)

Fair enough.

:drool: Heading past Geelong would be awesome. WE COULD ALL GO TO ADVENTURE PARK!!! :hyper:
:lol:
Yeah, I think he was in a little trouble.

Thanks for the razor info, don't think I'll ever be able to go down a slide again :'(

Oh man, that was just crazy, these boost things are ridiculous!

Oops sorry... Ignore it all! Or at least watch a few people go down before you do :wink:

Which boost were you using? I like the scrambler thing, it can set off some nice chain reactions if you're lucky.

*gets John Farnham stuck in her head*

I've been listening furiously to Porcupine Tree before tomorrow night, just so I'm not as lost as I was the first time... *L*

:drool: Heading past Geelong would be awesome. WE COULD ALL GO TO ADVENTURE PARK!!! :hyper:
:lol:
Yeah, I think he was in a little trouble.

Um... *chickens out* *L*

:giggle:

I stepped on some broken glass from a Taco sauce jar and cut my toe. :sad:
Not decently enough to get much sympathy though.:grumpy:

Awww, poor widdle Cinners! *huggles* Let me...
Er, actually, I won't offer to kiss it better. </vampire>

Better? :wink:

I don't know why, but this tickled my funny bone.
funny-pictures-cat-orders-cat-on-in.jpg

Um... *chickens out* *L*

:giggle:

Awww, poor widdle Cinners! *huggles* Let me...
Er, actually, I won't offer to kiss it better. </vampire>

Better? :wink:

Wimp!!!

If you want to suck blood out of my gross toe then feel free. :yuck:
Speaking of Vampires. I watched Lesbian Vampire Killers and Daybreakers on the same day. First movie was :laugh:, second a little :|. Although I did scream in fright right at the start.

Are they in Melbourne tomorrow night Ali? Does that mean the happy couple are on their way back as I type? Ohhh, they could catch the train down and visit meee.

They're in Sydney tonight for the gig there, then they're flying in at 9:45am tomorrow, which is a thoroughly indecent time for a Sunday flight... Guess who's picking them up *L* Not sure what their plans are for tomorrow, between me picking them up and the gig at night.

But yes, PT is in Melb tomorrow night, and I am studying diligently.

:fuckyeah: I finally cracked 250k!! :crack:

Still can't beat Diane though, never mind Ashley's insane score... *L*

Whatchya playin?

They're in Sydney tonight for the gig there, then they're flying in at 9:45am tomorrow, which is a thoroughly indecent time for a Sunday flight... Guess who's picking them up *L* Not sure what their plans are for tomorrow, between me picking them up and the gig at night.

But yes, PT is in Melb tomorrow night, and I am studying diligently.

Well that is just a ridiculous time for a Sunday!!

Wimp!!!

If you want to suck blood out of my gross toe then feel free. :yuck:
Speaking of Vampires. I watched Lesbian Vampire Killers and Daybreakers on the same day. First movie was :laugh:, second a little :|. Although I did scream in fright right at the start.

:tongue:

Besides, I can't see Ax and water parks going together... if only for the sun factor.

I haven't seen either of those, although I've heard of the Lesbian Vampire Killers. I did have to ask my housemate whether it was the Vampires who were Lesbians, or the Killers themselves...

I have a nostalgic fondness for From Dusk Til Dawn... which has nothing to do with George Clooney and a certain tattoo. :shifty:

:hmm: I think I need to get some food. I'm hungry for chocolate and I haven't any left. Also need something for dinner.
Ooh, chocolate. I have some of that somewhere...

But yeah, I should think about making dinner. Tonight I am making lime and garlic chicken, which is the only thing I can make that doesn't involve stuff coming out of a jar or a packet.

Whatchya playin?

Well that is just a ridiculous time for a Sunday!!

Bejeweled Blitz on Facebook... I have been hopelessly addicted for months. :crack:

:lol: I think I'll struggle with the sun if it's over 25 degrees.

The Vampires were the lesbians. It was actually a lot better than I thought it would be, pretty funny.

From Dusk Til Dawn is :drool: I used to luurve The Lost Boys when I was a younger gal, Kiefer, mmmmm.

Oops sorry... Ignore it all! Or at least watch a few people go down before you do :wink:

Which boost were you using? I like the scrambler thing, it can set off some nice chain reactions if you're lucky.

*gets John Farnham stuck in her head*

I've been listening furiously to Porcupine Tree before tomorrow night, just so I'm not as lost as I was the first time... *L*

:evil:

I was using auto place a 2x, autoplace a special block, and scrambler. It was TOO easy XD

:lol: I think I'll struggle with the sun if it's over 25 degrees.

The Vampires were the lesbians. It was actually a lot better than I thought it would be, pretty funny.

From Dusk Til Dawn is :drool: I used to luurve The Lost Boys when I was a younger gal, Kiefer, mmmmm.

SPF 250+ for all...!

Yes... I had heard it wasn't a bad film, despite the title.

Not seen The Lost Boys! I realise I missed out on a huge piece of 80s-ness (I think?) there...

I finally transferred all my phone numbers and crap to a 2010 diary from last year's one, yesterday... :reject:

This is much earlier than I managed it in previous years!

Back
Top Bottom