Batman, Turkey Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
oh and thanks. :D I'm thinking possibly on my thigh or maybe my back.

Cool, cool. So reasonably large? Yeah, depending on when you want it I can talk to you about it sometime. I've made some tats before for other peeps.

I don't know if I ever want a tattoo, not I huge fan of having one on my body, and I think too many people take advantage of the art form for utter crap (southern cross lol). Oh well, a friend of a friend owns a parlour, so I've got the option.

Yeah large-ish so I can get some really good detail. Nothing worse than something that will age into a blob.
But yeah, I see so many bad tatts that it scares me a little.

I was reading a story about a wanker who drunkenly went into a parlour one day to get an Aussie southern cross today, and the artist gave him a... Kiwi southern cross. If I ever meet that tattooist, I'm buying him a brewski.

Hello, if anyone's about... :wave:

iHate iTunes in addition to photbucket, btw... why the hell does it continually pop to the front of my pile of windows for no reason?!

Oh God, I hate when it does that while I"m typing and I accidentlaly cancel whatever it was doing :doh:

Hey Ashley! How are you?

Do you happen to know if I can burn an mp3 disc with subfolders and stuff with iTunes? I know I could burn a straight playlist...

Hey Ashley! How are you?

Do you happen to know if I can burn an mp3 disc with subfolders and stuff with iTunes? I know I could burn a straight playlist...

Good! I've started swimming again :love:

I don't know if you can do it WITH subfolders, but you can burn an mp3 disc.

Ooh, cool, I saw you'd discovered a pool at your uni gym, I think? I quite like swimming, but I can't do it properly and I don't like random people seeing me in bathers.... :reject:

Ah right, thanks... I might just have to be happy with that, since the free version of Nero doesn't do mp3 discs.

:lol:
I do that quite a bit. Then I end up just not bothering and doing a three word reply .

Hi Cin! How goes it?

That sounds like a cool idea for a tattoo :up: I keep thinking of one, maybe a bass clef, but I wouldn't feel right getting that until I could actually play bass properly, which means I can happily put it off indefinitely. :D

(Plus, you know, dad said words to the effect of "over my dead body" when I mentioned tattoos one day. I know it's my body and all that, but I don't want to upset him that much over it.)

I think I'd get a little bored swimming. Possible because the only stroke I can do without sinking is the backstroke. It's supposed to be really good for you though. I'm happier going on waterslides and stuff though.
Ali, I haven't worn bathers for at least 12 years. :reject: Really really want to go to a waterpark though. Might comprimise and wear boys board shorts and a really patterned bikini top, possibly with a singlet over the top.

Ooh, cool, I saw you'd discovered a pool at your uni gym, I think? I quite like swimming, but I can't do it properly and I don't like random people seeing me in bathers.... :reject:

Ah right, thanks... I might just have to be happy with that, since the free version of Nero doesn't do mp3 discs.

Yep! :D. I was quite happy today to discover that I wasn't entirely disgusted by the sight of myself in a swimsuit today! XD

iTunes: How to set the play order of songs on an MP3 CD does this help at all? (Figure 1)

Hi Cin! How goes it?

That sounds like a cool idea for a tattoo :up: I keep thinking of one, maybe a bass clef, but I wouldn't feel right getting that until I could actually play bass properly, which means I can happily put it off indefinitely. :D

(Plus, you know, dad said words to the effect of "over my dead body" when I mentioned tattoos one day. I know it's my body and all that, but I don't want to upset him that much over it.)

It goes a little :| today. Want to get out and do things but am lacking in the $$ department. Am on leave from work until the 17th? something like that. Hopefully I can get my head together by then, boss is making me go to the docs to get some "magic happy pills" :lol:

Tattoo may be some way off. I know exactly what you mean about parents disapproving, Mum only found mine by accident, she still doesn't know about the one I had done when I was 19 or 20. :reject:
Kinda think I need to do what I want though. Have spent my life not making waves, being the good girl and toeing the line and look where I am now!

I think I'd get a little bored swimming. Possible because the only stroke I can do without sinking is the backstroke. It's supposed to be really good for you though. I'm happier going on waterslides and stuff though.
Ali, I haven't worn bathers for at least 12 years. :reject: Really really want to go to a waterpark though. Might comprimise and wear boys board shorts and a really patterned bikini top, possibly with a singlet over the top.

I love the backstroke so much, I'm pretty ok at it too! I need to pick up some goggles tomorrow so I can start working on freestyle, I'm not too good at that one.

I can't do any stroke properly, I kind of thrash around and try not to sink. Well, I'm not in that much danger of sinking, but I dunno if I could swim strongly enough to get out of a rip or anything.

I loved the one water park I've been to, once I got over the irrational fear of razor blades in the water slide :yikes:

One of my friends once had a pair of bathers that had sort of short legs rather than the usual bikini-style bottom, I wouldn't mind a pair like that. Failing that, yeah, I'd be happier with something else over the bottom part. And I'd never be brave enough to wear a two-piece suit.

:lol:
I did wonder if you knew that one.
Togs is another word for bathers, swimsuit, cossie.

Honestly, if my (and hopefully when) thighs were a little slimmer, I would have been quite ok today. That made me pretty happy. Even when I finally tracked down a medical scale (the kind with the balance thingies) and saw that I weigh five more pounds than I thought I do. That's ok, because I'm starting to notice I look different.

Woohoo! Always good news :up:

That is exactly what I needed, thank you! Why didn't I think of the Help menu... :der:

Ta :D

Now all I have to do is figure out what I want on the CD...

No problem. I just did a google search, I didn't think to consult help either XD.

Man, I wish I had something that played MP3 cds :(

I can't do any stroke properly, I kind of thrash around and try not to sink. Well, I'm not in that much danger of sinking, but I dunno if I could swim strongly enough to get out of a rip or anything.

I loved the one water park I've been to, once I got over the irrational fear of razor blades in the water slide :yikes:

One of my friends once had a pair of bathers that had sort of short legs rather than the usual bikini-style bottom, I wouldn't mind a pair like that. Failing that, yeah, I'd be happier with something else over the bottom part. And I'd never be brave enough to wear a two-piece suit.

I'm frightened of razor blades too! :crack:

I like the shortie bathers but I must have a weird shaped behind. All the boyleg underpants I have ride up . . . .and would end up exposing much more than I intended!
I'd go for a two piece because I have a ripped stomach, might as well take advantage before it turns to a beer belly. Also because I haven't got much boobage I can use foam, underwire, frillls, etc to my advantage.

It goes a little :| today. Want to get out and do things but am lacking in the $$ department. Am on leave from work until the 17th? something like that. Hopefully I can get my head together by then, boss is making me go to the docs to get some "magic happy pills" :lol:

Tattoo may be some way off. I know exactly what you mean about parents disapproving, Mum only found mine by accident, she still doesn't know about the one I had done when I was 19 or 20. :reject:
Kinda think I need to do what I want though. Have spent my life not making waves, being the good girl and toeing the line and look where I am now!

:hug:
Will we see you on the 12th, then? I'm taking that day off, the idea is to take Ax and Charlotte somewhere beyond the tram network for the day before we do the Mountain Goat meet-up or whatever's going on.

Let me know how those magic happy pills work out...!

Oops... did your mum freak out when she found that one?

And I know what you mean about not making waves. It can get harder and harder after a while.

Back
Top Bottom