Batman Begins

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
WinnieThePoo said:
bale is great , till the costume arrives ,
finale is lame ( compare it to batman returns or batman )
and btw , jack napier kiiled his parents
michael keaton is the best batman ever
Duh!

No....Jack napier never did kill Wayne's parents....it was actually Joe Chill.

And I though the movie was the greatest thing ever!

Harvey Dent?... would YOU bring back Tommy Lee Jones?... :hmm:

JOKER... Nicholson?...mmm... :drool:, but no, maybe not

I've always wanted to see KNIGHTFALL on a movie :drool:

Tommy Lee Jones played Two-Face as a bad Joker clone. Rumour has it Guy Pearce and Liev Schreiber are up for the role.

WinnieThePoo said:
it's not tommy lee jones fault , more like bad screenplay & director's work

Agreed. But Jones didn't help matters when he went into the project without any knowledge of the source material. He said he didn't feel the need to research the role as 'it's only a comic book, not fucking shakespeare'. Hence the hammy performance that screamed big payday.

God, I'm starting to sound like a geek... :ohmy:

Slapnutz said:
Agreed. But Jones didn't help matters when he went into the project without any knowledge of the source material. He said he didn't feel the need to research the role as 'it's only a comic book, not fucking shakespeare'. Hence the hammy performance that screamed big payday.

That is why he should never have been given the role in the first place, no respect but that is Schumacher's fault for not respecting the character.

God, I'm starting to sound like a geek... :ohmy: [/B]

Welcome!:wink:

Well, after seeing Batman Begins today, I only have seven letters to express how I feel:

A-W-E-S-O-M-E.

That’s right! I’m a huge Batman fan as well, and after the complete and utter travesty that is Batman Forever/Batman and Robin, Begins has successfully re-energized the franchise. This is the definitive Batman film!

If they do decide to make multiple sequels to Begins, I dearly hope at least one of them features Mr. Freeze. He’s by far my favorite Batman villain and that fact that he’s more of a tragic Shakespearian character than a strait forward bad guy would perfectly fit the new wave of Batman films.

By the way, did anyone check out the pathetic Batman Begins review on TIME magazine? I guess the reviewer was either a) having a bad day, or b) since it is based on a comic book character, he never treated it seriously.

Great movie.......
So far the best movie of the year, for me.

In the past, all the people that have portrayed Batman, they NEVER showed any emotions when they had the mask on......Bale did a GREAT job as well as did Michael Cane...........

I can not wait for the next one......:up: :up:

......I forgot to mention something.

I can't believe that nobody has mentioned the fact that Gary Oldman was in this movie!
This guy is incredible in all of his movies..........as a villain.

I wonder why he took this role? Don't get me wrong...I think he did a good job though.

Gary Oldman was great in Batman. I really really like Liam Neeson. I love him in every movie. I wish he would have been in Batman more.

Geek mistake

In my review I commented on a Batgirl cameo, my mistake, that was Gordon's son , Batgirl is his niece whom he adopts.

I feel much better now.:wink:

Flying FuManchu said:
I wish Oldman had a bigger/ more fleshed out part in the movie but then I guess it was good that he didn't b/c Batman has always been overshadowed in other movies (even the awful ones) and Oldman always has the potential to overshadow other actors in other movies.

^ yup, I agree!

Flying FuManchu said:
I wish Oldman had a bigger/ more fleshed out part in the movie but then I guess it was good that he didn't b/c Batman has always been overshadowed in other movies (even the awful ones) and Oldman always has the potential to overshadow other actors in other movies.

Oldman will have a bigger role in the next movie. It was clear from the closing scene that his character's relationship with Batman will grow.

nbcrusader said:

Oldman will have a bigger role in the next movie. It was clear from the closing scene that his character's relationship with Batman will grow.

Like some reviewer put it: "Things must be going really bad in Gotham city if the only good cop is played by Gary Oldman" :wink:

nbcrusader said:

Wasn't that made abundantly clear based on the name of his character?

:sexywink:

I've been to see this movie 4 times already. I really should stop but I just can't. There's just so much depth to the script and visuals that with every viewing it gets even better.

God bless free cinema tickets.

This thread needs screencaps.

batmand1nz.jpg

joker4gr.jpg

bbnew30bo.jpg

He looks badass. The first batman physically suited to the role and brings that trademark intensity of his to the table. I like Keaton but at times he looked like a midget in a funny costume.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom