Batman Begins

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
This movie was great. I'm a huge Batman fan as well. My brother is letting me borrow his Knightfall book. I've heard it's really good. I loved Christian Bale as Bruce Wayne, but I think I like Michael Keaton better as Batman.

trevster2k said:
Sure, I would love to help you start. You're the second person to ask for assistance in tracking down comics based on recent film.
looks like you've proven yourself to be an expert! :up:

Since you enjoyed the Dwight storyline so much, you should start there. That book is available as The Big Fat Kill.
cool. i'll pick that one up right away.

The first one is A Dame to Kill For and I believe it will filmed for Sin City 2, btw, Marv is in this story too so it will be a buddy flick.:wink:
sin city 2??!! oh lord.. :drool:

Comic book stores or Amazon.com are good places to look for them.
they're all over the place here in edmonton - chapters, indigo, coles, you name it. i would always see them and want to pick one up, but there are like, 7 of them or something, and i had no idea where to begin.

until now. :bow: thank you, trevster! you've made my inner comic book geek very happy! :happy:

weep not for the past my dear se7en, we have a sexy future ahead of us. :sexywink:

I thought this was a great movie. Loved it and I love Christian Bale!

I don't think this film has to be compared to the other Batmans I thought it was so different it stands on it's own. The others were good too in their own way but I prefer this style I guess.

Loved the casting of Gary Oldman. I was convinced he'd be a bad man simply because that's who I see him playing. So when he started good and stayed good it was like a reverse twist for me:scratch:

briarrose said:
This movie was great. I'm a huge Batman fan as well. My brother is letting me borrow his Knightfall book. I've heard it's really good. I loved Christian Bale as Bruce Wayne, but I think I like Michael Keaton better as Batman.

you will LOVE Knightfall.

Then you need to read KinghtsEnd.

never been a BIG fan of batman, or the DC comics in general, but have to admit this is a fantastic film, if you like action movies this is one of the best

For what it's worth...

Holmes Dropped from 'Batman' Sequel
Christian Bale, Michael Caine and Morgan Freeman have signed to star in a second Batman movie, but love interest Katie Holmes has been dropped. Movie bosses are thrilled with the response to Batman Begins - it took $46.9 million in its first weekend at the US box office - and have snapped up the film's stars for a sequel. Bale as Batman was the first to put pen to paper, followed by Caine as butler Alfred and Freeman as Bruce Wayne's business associate Lucius Fox. But Holmes won't reprise her role as district attorney Rachel Dawes - reportedly because Warner Bros is angry her engagement to Tom Cruise has stolen media attention away from the movie. A source tells Pagesix.Com, "Everyone is in agreement that the movie's strength is with Christian Bale, Michael Caine and Morgan Freeman." Adding of Holmes, "She won't be in the sequel... the next romantic interest will be a much stronger actress. Warner is happy that people are now focusing on who'll be playing the Joker rather than Katie and Tom."

http://www.imdb.com/news/wenn/#celeb2

BonoVoxSupastar said:
For what it's worth...

Holmes Dropped from 'Batman' Sequel
Christian Bale, Michael Caine and Morgan Freeman have signed to star in a second Batman movie, but love interest Katie Holmes has been dropped. Movie bosses are thrilled with the response to Batman Begins - it took $46.9 million in its first weekend at the US box office - and have snapped up the film's stars for a sequel. Bale as Batman was the first to put pen to paper, followed by Caine as butler Alfred and Freeman as Bruce Wayne's business associate Lucius Fox. But Holmes won't reprise her role as district attorney Rachel Dawes - reportedly because Warner Bros is angry her engagement to Tom Cruise has stolen media attention away from the movie. A source tells Pagesix.Com, "Everyone is in agreement that the movie's strength is with Christian Bale, Michael Caine and Morgan Freeman." Adding of Holmes, "She won't be in the sequel... the next romantic interest will be a much stronger actress. Warner is happy that people are now focusing on who'll be playing the Joker rather than Katie and Tom."

http://www.imdb.com/news/wenn/#celeb2

GOOD! I didn't like her character and she had no chemistry what's so ever with Christian Bale.

Also, as someone pointed out in another thread, she talks out of the side of her mouth and on the big screen, it got annoying. I ruined my sister's Batman Begins experience by telling her this and she kept comparing Katie to Christian and well it's true!

Also, news reports have that Tom Cruise is the star of Batman will all the publicity!

i thought , in each batman movie , our hero gets himself a new girlfriend , so , no surprise
Joker , what the .....
bad move

Thanks for the confirmation. I was pretty sure she wouldn't be back, she ain't part of the mythos.:wink:

Harvey Dent will be the DA in the next film.So they will have to find 2 new actors for the movie.

Just as there is only one Batman, there is only one Joker.

:sexywink:

Seriously this time. Nicholson.

I'm not looking forward to another Two-Face, but some new blood like the manbat, clayface, or a tie-in with the Hitman series would be good (although Hitman might shadow The Punisher too much, and the Contagion storyline might seem to similar to the fear syndrome used in this latest Batman vehicle).

King Tut, Egghead (unless Vincent Price is resurrected), and the Toyman are always unwelcome.

and Crispin Glover is our man...

crispinjoker.jpg

the other 2 candidates are: Mark Hamill, who makes Joker's voice in all the DC Animated Universe and Lachy Hulme

but Glover is my choice

just rumours

Glover would be perfect as Joker. I was hoping for the Mad Hatter as the next villian. Even Clayface or the Ventriloquist.

Scarface? we also have Croc, Firefly and a lot more, but I want to see the Joker

HOLMES DROPPED FROM BATMAN SEQUEL

CHRISTIAN BALE, MICHAEL CAINE and MORGAN FREEMAN have signed to star in a second BATMAN movie, but love interest KATIE HOLMES has been dropped.

Movie bosses are thrilled with the response to BATMAN BEGINS - it took $46.9 million (GBP24.6 million) in its first weekend (17-19JUN05) at the US box office - and have snapped up the film's stars for a sequel.

Bale as Batman was the first to put pen to paper, followed by Caine as butler ALFRED and Freeman as BRUCE WAYNE'S business associate LUCIUS FOX.

But Holmes wont reprise her role as district attorney RACHEL DAWES - reportedly because WARNER BROS is angry her engagement to TOM CRUISE has stolen media attention away from the movie.

A source tells PAGESIX.COM, "Everyone is in agreement that the movie's strength is with Christian Bale, Michael Caine and Morgan Freeman."

Adding of Holmes, "She won't be in the sequel... the next romantic interest will be a much stronger actress.

"Warner is happy that people are now focusing on who'll be playing the JOKER rather than Katie and Tom."

MrsSpringsteen said:
HOLMES DROPPED FROM BATMAN SEQUEL

CHRISTIAN BALE, MICHAEL CAINE and MORGAN FREEMAN have signed to star in a second BATMAN movie, but love interest KATIE HOLMES has been dropped.

Movie bosses are thrilled with the response to BATMAN BEGINS - it took $46.9 million (GBP24.6 million) in its first weekend (17-19JUN05) at the US box office - and have snapped up the film's stars for a sequel.

Bale as Batman was the first to put pen to paper, followed by Caine as butler ALFRED and Freeman as BRUCE WAYNE'S business associate LUCIUS FOX.

But Holmes wont reprise her role as district attorney RACHEL DAWES - reportedly because WARNER BROS is angry her engagement to TOM CRUISE has stolen media attention away from the movie.

A source tells PAGESIX.COM, "Everyone is in agreement that the movie's strength is with Christian Bale, Michael Caine and Morgan Freeman."

Adding of Holmes, "She won't be in the sequel... the next romantic interest will be a much stronger actress.

"Warner is happy that people are now focusing on who'll be playing the JOKER rather than Katie and Tom."

I would take this report with a grain of salt, imo. Bale and Caine have said many times in interviews that they signed up for three films when they put pen to paper. So that part about them having just agreed to do a second is inaccurate. Gary Oldman is said to have signed a similar deal.

For great Bat-film news I recommend batman-on-film.com, which had a huge hand in the way Begins turned out.

saw this movie last night, and really really enjoyed it... thought christian was the best batman thus far, and michael caine was fantastic. also, cillian murphy did a great job- just the right amount of creepy. :wink:

very entertaining flick! well, aside from the scenes where katie's onscreen... :lmao:

Back
Top Bottom