bathroom stall build quality - Page 3 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 04-30-2003, 10:59 PM   #31
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Local Time: 12:03 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Stories for Boys
we really do get the shaft in bathroom

He's one bad mother SHUT YO MOUTH!
*rimshot*

Old 04-30-2003, 11:06 PM   #32
Sizzlin' Sicilian
Forum Administrator

Local Time: 10:03 AM
I have a phobia of public restrooms. I have horrible dreams about them on a regular basis.

I would never sit on a public toilet seat, seat cover or not.

Old 04-30-2003, 11:28 PM   #33
Blue Crack Addict

i had a girlfried with the same issue.

i used to kid her that she would

elevate to _________,

nevermind
Old 05-01-2003, 12:02 AM   #34
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
Originally posted by Bono's American Wife

the one at a park near my house has sides but no doors...I will not use that restroom
I didnt use it either!! I found the only stall that had sides and a door and use it.

Oh I also love how other people walk in on you when supposedly the lock works or they bang at the door that they just saw you enter
Old 05-01-2003, 01:31 AM   #35
New Yorker

Local Time: 11:03 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by ILuvLarryMullen
I won't sit on the seat either and I try not to touch anything. If the bathroom door has no hook you can loop the shoulder strap of your purse over the corner of the door. When i was in high school it was popular to not carry a backpack, just carry your notebook and a purse (which I didn't do) and all these girls would just throw their notebooks onto the floor of their bathroom stall
I'm so glad there are others who share this phobia and hatred! Everyone else in the public bathroom seems quite happy with the place.

No one has mentioned gunky sinks. I hate gunky sinks just as much. I mean, when you've just been in a nasty stall, you want to at least wash your hands. And then you go to the sink and it looks like someone shaved and then then, possibly, threw up in it.

Women's bathrooms are ten times worse than men's. I have this on authority.
Old 05-01-2003, 02:29 AM   #36
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 01:03 PM
the worst public restroom experience ever was woodstock '99 at which the porta johns never got emptied. by the 3rd day they were all overflowing and there were used tampons all over the seats and stuff, it was the grossest thing of all time. so what does one do to take care of business during one of these times? let's just say it involves a tent and a cardboard box. anywho, thats enough of this talk.
Old 05-01-2003, 02:59 AM   #37
New Yorker

Old 05-01-2003, 08:04 AM   #38
Blue Crack Addict

Location: basking in my post-concert glow still mesmerized by the orbit of his hips..Also Holding Bono Close as he requested.
why did i read this thread?
Old 05-01-2003, 08:12 AM   #39
Refugee

Local Time: 07:03 PM
hi missvelvetdress

im glad i first went to the last post to see who'd been posting last

ill now spare me the rest of it!

grrrrrrreat, thanks!!!!!!!!!
Old 05-01-2003, 08:48 AM   #40
Jesus Online

Local Time: 05:03 AM
Public toilets rate up their with telemarketers and carsalesmen. I regret never having mastered the art of squatting. But even that is kinda gross, putting your feet on the seat and hoping you aim right...And as much as I think it would be a handy trick to have acquired...No offence girls, but I gotta say it is one of the most disgusting aspects of public bathroom. Footprints? Wee spatters? We aren't cave people! But in reality, you're gonna get the germs crawling all over you no matter how you go. I'm like Stories and build a loo paper seat as loo's over here rarely have the paper cover things. Hell, they rarely have soap. And another no offence to folks, but I dont see how you can walk out without washing your hands! I know they're the most disgusting place we can ever have the displeasure of setting foot in, but at least psychologically you can feel like you've attempted to wash off everyone else's germs and diseases!
Argh. Sorry to be ranting here lol. I have an almost phobia of public toilets. Once, I nearly got into a bit of a fight with a lady in a public toilet. I was 7 months pregnant and absolutely BUSTING to go. I ran in, and lo-and-behold, the queue was about 20 deep. I was in pain. Then I spied a weird looking thing, a children's toilet to the side. No one seemed willing to go near it. Curious, I went in for an inspection cos if it was clean I was using it! I had no problem using a toilet that was only 2 feet off the ground. I came out and this waman exclaimed at the top of her voice "SHE just used the childrens toilet!! - [insert loud huff" I stopped and glared down at her 2 snotty little children and said "So...You surgically removed your bladder and carried it around with you for 9 months did you, to prevent the constant pressure?" I turned to walk away, but stopped again to add "And SHE was the cat's mother!" Add another filthy look. Not my fault the lady was stupid enough to queue, even having the little snotbags as she did. And no, it wasn't the hormones that caused me to yell like that at a complete stranger lol.
Old 05-01-2003, 10:23 AM   #41
New Yorker

wait, when you squat you put your feet on the seats? what? I still don't understand how pee can get all over the seats. It makes no sense. I squat but at least I get close enough to not get it all over.

As for my office, whoever installed the toilet paper dispensers was male. You have to sit on the toilet almost sideways because the toilet paper dispenser is taking up room right about the toilet.

And don't get me started on all the bad NYC bar bathrooms. I went in one last week that made me so claustrophobic. I must have not read the sign that said "This bathroom for heroin chic supermodels only"
Old 05-01-2003, 10:26 AM   #42
Offishul Kitteh Doctor
Forum Moderator

Angie - you don't *stand* on the toilet seat, you just kind of bend over halfway and try to aim your rear over the bowl without your legs touching anything.

OMG I can't believe I just explained that
Old 05-01-2003, 10:39 AM   #43
Jesus Online

Local Time: 05:03 AM
So why do you occasionally see footprints on the seat?
I often saw that at a place I worked...But I posted that sorry story already in another thread and wont repeat it
Old 05-01-2003, 11:02 AM   #44
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by Angela Harlem
So why do you occasionally see footprints on the seat?
I often saw that at a place I worked...But I posted that sorry story already in another thread and wont repeat it
Some people do stand and squat on the seat. I have two friends that I know of who do this in public bathrooms, feeling it is the most comfortable and hygienic way (for them--not necessarily the next person). I have used bathrooms in Europe where there is just a hole in the floor and two feet-shaped patterns marking where to put your feet so it's the same principle only using an actual toilet.
Old 05-01-2003, 11:05 AM   #45
Blue Crack Addict

That was my first post of the day. And I haven't even had my morning latte yet.